This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why "You Owe Me" Scams Don't Work Here

Because they go completely overboard on belligerency when told they're not in our credit book or there's no record of their order.

If, on the other hand, we DO owe for a mistake.

There they are in our credit book
    What was the issue with their last order so we can avoid it THIS time
    Thank them for their business and for giving us a chance to redeem ourselves
    Last edited by zigcat; 08-16-2013, 08:29 AM. Reason: clarification
    I don't like your attitude!
    Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

I hate to say it but its people who cave way too easily who are perpetuating this problem. I mean I can hardly blame people for being worried about getting written up or whatever for not giving a customer exactly what they want.. but it only reinforces the problem when somebody becomes belligerent and still gets their way.

Take for instance a certain famous case on YouTube of a manager who works for a certain restaurant that rhymes with Funkin Fownuts.. I think that guy Bent way too far over backwards to get that lady everything she wanted. I know people are worried about their jobs.. But no job is worth giving up your dignity.. Especially some crappy shift manager job that pays $10 an hour.. I think that guy was absolutely wrong .. but thats just me.. like I say, I totally understand it, but he didn't handle that situation correctly at all. About 1 minute into the conversation she should have been booted out of the store.. and certainly when she started being belligerent and calling the previous co workers served her a fucking bitch.. and then with the racial slurs! I mean christ.. what does a person have to do to get booted from a store anymore!? Physically assault a person? And even then I'm pretty much convinced that shift manager would have still giving her her way.. we are still human beings are we not? I don't think it's too much to ask for that we be treated as such.

Comment

I agree Nordel, we are training a whole generation of scammers and crooks and just plain jerks. I would like to more easily find out who the enablers are (local managers and companies in general) and then boycott them! Cave in to a scammer, lose their "business" or risk losing the business of honest people who tire of that behavior.

I think that is the only way to fix the problem. Sad really.

Comment

I don't think I've seen that video. What happened (or link)?

Comment

Some crazy lady went nuts on a couple of employees while video taping them with her iphone, and the video sort of went viral. Just google taylor chapman and the first 100 stories should be about her..

Comment

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=99469

I believe this is the relevant thread.

Talk about a total douche, this broad will never get a job in public relations again after this tirade!

Comment

McLiars welcome

At my McHell we recently got a local memo that we "have to believe the customer and get them what the want". ie: give them free food they never even tried to order on demand, don't ask questions just "believe them". This is a $4.5 Million dollar store right off I70. We really don't need the scammers we are trying to covet.

Comment

I hate policy's like that! It is basically an open invitation for anyone to come in and walk all over the employees with zero regard for their dignity.

Comment

Quoth technopoptart View Post
                  At my McHell we recently got a local memo that we "have to believe the customer and get them what the want". ie: give them free food they never even tried to order on demand, don't ask questions just "believe them". This is a $4.5 Million dollar store right off I70. We really don't need the scammers we are trying to covet.
                  Good God, why?? I thought they were in the business of SELLING food, not giving it away!
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Nordel View Post
                    I hate to say it but its people who cave way too easily who are perpetuating this problem. I mean I can hardly blame people for being worried about getting written up or whatever for not giving a customer exactly what they want.. but it only reinforces the problem when somebody becomes belligerent and still gets their way.

Quoth technopoptart View Post
                    Quoth MoonCat View Post
                    Good God, why?? I thought they were in the business of SELLING food, not giving it away!
                    This is a VERY common practice at most food places these days. Given the fact of a large audiance on social media these days, most companies just give in at the first sign of "trouble".

My Red Roof pizza place is NO different. They are always claiming "poverty" but are willing to give away food at the drop of a hat. The managers have little leeway in this as this policy is dictated from upwards way past our franchise.
                    we have B.L.A.S.T. =
                    Believe the customer (scammer)
                    Listen to the customer (scammer rage)
                    Apologise to the customer (scammer for not jumping off that cliff)
                    Satisfy the customer (scammer with large amounts of free shit)
                    Thank the customer (scammer for scamming us)

PoopYJohns has the wherewithall to give away 2 million free pizzas for a promotion but still screws it employees over on a daily basis.
                    Last edited by Racket_Man; 08-17-2013, 06:59 AM.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Yes.. imagine if they just made the slightest effort to just not give away a fraction of all of that scammed food, maybe they could pay their employees a fair wage! Oh, wait that would be descent! We can't have our employees thinking we give a shit about them!

Comment

Quoth Nordel View Post
                        Some crazy lady went nuts on a couple of employees while video taping them with her iphone, and the video sort of went viral. Just google taylor chapman and the first 100 stories should be about her..

I only watched a few minutes of this woman cursing at the worker who is doing his damnedest to accommodate her... I couldn't stand anymore than 3 minutes.
                        Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Oh god.. you may not think its possible... but it just gets worse and worse all the way upto the very end.. she leans over the counter and sticks the camera in the other employees face and starts verbally abusing her as well.. calls her a sand nigger.. it's fucking atrocious.. and then when the guy finally gets her food she yells at him and says "where's my fucking water!?" Andhe is like "it's right there".. and she's like all " well I don't fucking know.. I couldn't fucking see it!"

Comment

I'm very fortunate in that Big Green Cab Co's official policy is along the lines of An it harm none, do as thou wilt.

(Okay, there is a level of expected customer service, but it still boils down to "This is a business; we're here to make money.")
                            Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
                            OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
                            she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
                            Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty lucky too. We don't out up with very much abuse at my place of employment.

Comment

Working...
                              X