This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read That Back To Me...

Usually, if it's a complicated order my default IS to read the order back.

But then I'll get someone who orders a large pepperoni. Nothing else. And they'll say "Could you tell me what I just ordered?"

Natch.
    I don't like your attitude!
    Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

Goldfish memory. Either that's the level of memory they have or they've stoned/drunk themselves to that level of memory. Or they have a screaming infant distracting the frack out of them.

My next guess is the shot glass memory. The mind is like a shot glass, where in if you add a new memory an old one gets lost. What may be happening here is that you asked them if that was all , and the effort to remember the question and process it cost them the memory of their order.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

It could also be they want to make sure you heard and understood them all right. As simple as an an order might be, it's also simple to mess it up. Just speaking from personal experience where I'll order say a burger with no pickle, and they'll parrot it back to me with something completely different. Now I always ALWAYS ask for my order to be repeated back.

Example that really happened at a McDs:
      Me: Quarter Pounder no pickle
      Employee: Quarter Pounder no cheese?
      Me: Err, no. Just your regular Quarter Pounder with Cheese, but no pickle.
      Employee: So extra cheese?
      Me: NO, Just your regular sandwich, but no pickle
      Employee: Double Quarter Pounder?
      Me: NO. I just want your regular, basic Quarter Pounder that normally comes with cheese. Just no pickle.
      *Gets a Quarter Pounder with extra cheese and no pickle*
      Grrr
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        It could also be they want to make sure you heard and understood them all right. As simple as an an order might be, it's also simple to mess it up. Just speaking from personal experience where I'll order say a burger with no pickle, and they'll parrot it back to me with something completely different. Now I always ALWAYS ask for my order to be repeated back.

Example that really happened at a McDs:
        Me: Quarter Pounder no pickle
        Employee: Quarter Pounder no cheese?
        Me: Err, no. Just your regular Quarter Pounder with Cheese, but no pickle.
        Employee: So extra cheese?
        Me: NO, Just your regular sandwich, but no pickle
        Employee: Double Quarter Pounder?
        Me: NO. I just want your regular, basic Quarter Pounder that normally comes with cheese. Just no pickle.
        *Gets a Quarter Pounder with extra cheese and no pickle*
        Grrr
        Hubby has been through this so many times its not even funny anymore. He's allergic to pickles, so naturally he orders them without.

Last time we went to McD's he wanted a double cheeseburger no pickles. They made one with pickles. Sends it back to be remade - they remake it - with pickles. We ask to see a manager - tell him what's happening - he says "No problem, I'll personally make it myself so there's no mistake."

He made it with pickles.

We just got our money back and haven't returned there since (4 years ago.)
        The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Comment

One time, we ordered a double quarter pounder with no pickles or onions. Got a regular cheeseburger with a grill slip attached that read "double quarter pounder no pickles or onions".

Comment

After a long day at work I've had to do the stupid look and ask what I've ordered cause all of a sudden I've blanked.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              Now I always ALWAYS ask for my order to be repeated back.
              I'm a bit of a smartass. (I know. DUH.)

At work, I will often repeat their order in the opposite way they ordered it. Example.

THEM: "I'd like the Zigcat Burger, no onions."
              ME: "Got it. Zigcat Burger, extra onions."

At which point they'll look up to object, and see my sly smile and the twinkle in my eye, and realize I'm just fucking with them. Or they'll say something, and I'll tell them I was just messing with them. (I DO write it down correctly, AND order it correctly.)

Yeah, I'm a bit of an ass....but it's FUN!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
              Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                THEM: "I'd like a waitress, nothing on it."
                ME: "One box lunch, coming up."
                Street theatre, seen while waiting to see Led Zeppelin (opening for Vanilla Fudge) 07/30/69.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                  Yeah, I'm a bit of an ass....but it's FUN!
                  Until you find someone like me, who gets so easily irritable when hungry they're likely to walk out & have a colossal sense of humour failure!
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post

Until you find someone like me, who gets so easily irritable when hungry they're likely to walk out & have a colossal sense of humour failure!
                    I was going to say the same. When I'm in a hungry mood due to day or low blood sugar I don't have a sense of humor at all.

Comment

Working...
                    X