This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first SC!

Okay, so it wasn't my first official SC ever in my life. But my family opened a small fast-food type restaurant a few weeks ago, and we had our first SC at our shop yesterday. Normally it wouldn't even be post-worthy, but you know... our first, and all...

So we got ourselves a happy little dinner rush, and I was taking orders. One order was four burgers, so I had the impression that four drinks should be with it, but the guy only ordered three -- so I confirmed... only three drinks, and I read off the three flavors. One was a lemonade and this guy just didn't look like the lemonade type, so I wanted to be sure I heard that one right, in particular. Yep, got confirmed, and I asked my coworker to double-check also as he handed drinks off to the customer.

And after the drinks were made? Yeah, that's where the cola, root beer, and lemonade magically became two colas and two root beers. So I let a drink go unpaid just to get him out of the way of the next customer... like I said, not a huge suck, and we've all worked food service before so we know to expect that kind of thing. But it was just like... really? And then it hit me, I just witnessed the shop's first ever SC.

Maybe he should get a medal...lol He would probably feel entitled to it anyway, like he felt entitled to a free drink.

Comment

And that's why I hated my last BK. How can people not know what they ordered?
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        And that's why I hated my last BK.
        Burger King? BoyKid? Biker Klown? Bawdy Knight?

Comment

Sort of why I actually like the repeater screens at the drive through - I can see that the order is in correctly. I hate getting a sugardeathbomb iced tea instead of an unsweetened iced tea.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Some of these SCs would probably fly off the handle, demand to speak to a manager, and demand freebies as "compensation" for getting the wrong drinks - at a fast food place that gives you an empty cup for the self-serve soda fountain.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X