This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUCKY HALF TRUTH TELLING ONLINE REVIEWERS

Here's the text of the review. Names have been removed or changed to protect privacy
    “The food, as always, was delicious! However, there was a bit of a mishap with the delivery. I had indicated that I would pay cash upon delivery. The driver insisted that the order had already been paid for and would not take the money. They called later that night and said, yes, in fact we still owed money for the meal delivered. Drove to the location the next day to pay and received nothing but grief for using "a third party" to order our meal. If they do not like dealing with a third party for the convenience of the customer, they should not be offering the service! We have been getting great pizza from Free Wheeler for over 20 years. (Name of Online Ordering Company) has made it super easy to order online. However, if they can't read the order correctly and are completely combative when you try to settle up what you owe, we will *NOT* be eating (Name Of Pizza Place) again.” -Asshat

Dear Mr. Asshat:
    Isn't it convenient that (Online Ordering Company) doesn't let restaurants reply to customer reviews as there are several discrepancies in what you have described.

First: The only person who was "combative" was you. You came in with a huge chip on your shoulder, huffing and puffing about how you drove all the way down to the store from a street, that incidentally, is only about sixteen blocks away. To me,"all the way down" would indicate MILES not BLOCKS.

Second: Neither I nor Nordel knew what you were referring to. Neither of us had worked the previous night and neither of us were given a heads up about the situation. Indeed, getting irritated when we were trying to get information about your order from you.

Third: My referencing "third party websites" was meant as a slur on THEM not YOU. We use three different online ordering websites. Sometimes the orders and payment methods can be hard to decipher or put in a place we don't generally read on the fax. We were simply giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Fourth: You also failed to mention that you were told by the driver that you could settle up ANY time and that there was no hurry. But I guess martyrdom needs martyrs.

And finally, your quip about ordering for over twenty years: So it's THIS? It's THIS SINGLE INCIDENT you embellished on in your review that would cause you to stop ordering? An incident caused, not by malice, but by misunderstanding. No one told you you had to come in the next day and "settle" up your payment. Hell, you could've called in and paid over the phone, or mailed a check or came down when it was convenient for YOU. I don't even think anyone would have cared if you HADN'T settled up.

The "suck" was not in you coming down to settle your bill. The "suck" was how you went about it. Taking it out on two not "combative" but "confused" employees when all you had to do was calmly explain the situation.
    Had you done that, we might have discounted your order or let it slide.

But, no. You stormed out of the store and no doubt rushed home so you could get online and tell the world in half-truths and embellishments just how "bad" you were treated.

Here's the OTHER side.
    I don't like your attitude!
    Yeah? Well you're not EATING my attitude!

You almost had me feeling bad for the reviewer... almost.
    Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

ME: Hello sir.. How can I help you?
      HIM: BlahhhhBlaaahhhBlargleRabbleRaaaabbblllee..driver. .RabbblllleeeRrabbbllllleeee..supposed to pay with cash..blahblah...so inconvenient!
      ME: I'm sorry about the mix up! Can I get your name? About what time was the order taken?
      HIM: (Throws hissy fit..)

Comment

Working...
      X