This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massively Entitled

A quick update on our first SC: apparently she checked in without major incident. She made a minor quip to the GSR taking her luggage to her room, but that was it. Phew.

So at The Resort, we're swamped. And every day, workers take away more and more of our rooms. They're like "Hey, you're sold out? Great, we need to take these 25 rooms out of order and by the way, we have these 10 employees that are gonna need rooms for the weekend." You're f**king kidding me.

So yeah, we can't really upgrade people and there are a lot of requests we're unable to honor, because we can barely squeeze in the bookings we do have.

The Fix

My coworker got this one. Guest had reserved a "classic" (read: parking lot view) room with a king bed, no balcony. Guest wanted a "waterview" with a balcony.

Coworker: "Unfortunately I don't see that available."
    SC: "That's what I want."
    Coworker: "Do you have confirmation?"
    SC: "Yes." *starts pulling it up on his phone*
    Coworker: "Okay. Because all I see in my computer is the classic..."
    SC: "Look just stop. I know what I booked. I'm telling you what I want right now. So if you could just, you know, fix this."

In the end, a supervisor had to finally convince him that he was stuck with, you know, what he actually booked and had a confirmation of booking.

Yes, I would hate to be you, too

I don't recall the exact complaint this guest had. It was a couple days ago. I think they had reserved a classic and wanted a waterview or something like that. It was another case of wanting something that they hadn't booked and our hands being tied.

My manager was in the computer looking at what was available.

Manager: "Let me just run back and check with housekeeping on something. I'm still working on this." *runs back*
    SC *turning to me*: "Man, I would hate to be a bitch like that."

I had to bite my tongue from returning with the bolded quip.

Some suck on our side (a bit CoC)

So as I mentioned at the beginning, the workers have been causing us to overbook. We have to scramble to find rooms for guests.

A family with two rooms for the weekend came in. Because they're with us for three nights and we're already overbooked for the weekend, our options were extremely limited with them. They had booked waterview and we fought hard to keep them on waterview. We eventually got them on the first floor, which they were upset about because they had requested an upper floor, but whatever. Here's 25% off and some meal credits.

Then they come back and ask for a supervisor. Supervisor goes back with them...

...to see there are cherry pickers parked right in front of their waterview. It looks like they are staring at a construction zone. We had to get GM to call the right people to move them, since they belong to the contractors working on our hotel and not us. (The same contractors that keep taking rooms away from us!)

I get that they are doing their jobs, but really, parking those things right in front of our really expensive rooms? Really? I appreciate the work these guys are doing to get the hotel in shape, but really when they leave I will breathe such a sigh of relief...

We take care of our own

Not really sucky, but I'll tack it on here.

A worker's father showed up with said employee's two kids. Worker is one of the staff currently living out of The Resort (and has been working 16 hour days since we opened ). She did not seem pleased that they showed up. She ran off, they decided to explore the area, and she snuck back.

Employee: "Could one of you please go get the bourbon and vodka off my nightstand before my dad and kids go to the room?"

So I ran up and grabbed the bottles, and snuck down the back stairwell. We stashed them in lost and found for her. She lost them; we found them. The boss men gave us some odd looks until we explained, then nodded in understanding.

We know how to take care of our own.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Totally lol at the finale here, bhs. Good on you guys.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
      We stashed them in lost and found for her. She lost them; we found them.
      That made my day! Coworkers unite!

Comment

Working...
      X