This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That is so ridiculous

I had some people walk in around midnight for a room. When I quoted them the rate the first thing the husband says is - can't we get a discount because it is so late? I say no not really. He does not like the answer. His wife comes in from the car because he was trying to use her credit card and I told him she had to come in with ID first. She finds out the rate and says the same thing. So, the whole time I am trying to check them in they are both sighing and hemming and hawing over the rate.

Really? I did not force you to check in so late. It was your choice.

Then the credit card was declined and this was unacceptable. I had to call the card in manually but there was no answer. When told this, they opted to leave. I say good riddance.

Who needs them? I smell discount-hunters.
    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

They probably wanted a discounted rate because they knew they didn't have enough credit left on the card to cover the room at full price!

Comment

Gee I once told the clerk at the hotel that I only had so much on me and needed a room. If they couldn't give me that price I completely understood. I got the rate plus was given a ticket to enjoy the paid breakfast. It was completely awesome of the clerk.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          Gee I once told the clerk at the hotel that I only had so much on me and needed a room. If they couldn't give me that price I completely understood. I got the rate plus was given a ticket to enjoy the paid breakfast. It was completely awesome of the clerk.
          I did that for someone once. Really sweet Native American-looking woman who only had like $75 on her, cash. I knew for a fact she couldn't get a room in town for that price, plus we were like one of two places that even took cash. I conjured up a AAA coupon for a $59 room and "forgot" to take the $100 cleaning cash deposit (I was still new enough that I figured that would fly).

It was kinda nice working without a supervisor. People who gave me shit got bare-bones service, but people who were nice got little extras.

Comment

It's funny how people are total asses and seem to think that will get them what they want, apparently they have never worked in a customer service job.
            "Some times you just need to punch someone in the face"'Dalia Lama

Comment

Working...
            X