X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time in SC World...

Goes a bit faster than normal time!

I walked into the security office right at 3:30PM. Just before I did, I looked down to our Easter Bunny set and saw the bunny and employee sitting there. 5-minutes later there was angry knocking on the office door, which my coworker answered. 2-Women with 3 children and 5 children. They began yelling that they'd been waiting over 1/2 hour and the easter bunny wasn't there, they had places to be, it wasn't anywhere near lunchtime so where was he, this was terrible, etc. Coworker asked me if I knew anything, so I told the lady's that they had just missed him and he must have gone on break, as he needs one about every 3-4 hours. They said I was lying that that he hadn't been there for over 1/2 hour and that they had been dragging the kids to shops X and Y all this time. I told them that, perhaps I was mistaken, but that if he had been gone that long already that it would only be about 15 minutes more, so no more than a 45min break. They grumbled and asked why they took so many breaks. I told them, quietly so the kids wouldn't hear, that it gets VERY hot in that suit and that it's for the employee's safety (note that it's a hired company, we provide the set and the company leases it to do the bunny photos). They finally left, and I told coworker they were lying through their teeth. I went to the break area and gave the easter people the heads-up on these angry women. They confirmed they had left just after 3:30PM. If these lady's were in shops X and Y, then they were looking at the easter set from the side, and from that angle it could have looked like the set was empty, so these women were bitching because they'd never actually checked to see if the bunny was there! The guy jumped right back in his suit, which he didn't have to do as he'd had about a 10 min break, and went back out, but by that time the bitch with the 5 kids had left, but the other one didn't really give them a hard time. On the upside, they then made a HUGE sale of several of their package deals.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

The Easter Bunny doesn't need a break! He's just sitting there. It's not like he's actually working or anything. I'm sure all the kids are angels and this is just the easiest job ever!
    /sarcasm

Comment

I think the one in the local mall was bored because there were no customers, so he/she came out and gave Khan a duck mask and a hug (he wouldn't go in to sit on the bunny's lap, but he allowed her/him to hug him...weird).

The duck mask is foam and looks creepy, kind of shamanic.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Yes, it does get hot inside the suit and it is hard to breathe. The Easter Bunny at our store needed a break and made the mistake of taking the head off within sight of some little kids. They freaked out and started crying and the mother was very upset. I hope the kids weren't traumatized too bad.

Comment

My store does this charity event every December with a local organization that helps single parents attend college. One year the mascot from one of the colleges came to visit during the event. Some kids loved it and some kids were terrified ("Birds aren't supposed to have teeth!") The following year, the mascot from the local baseball team was our special visitor. One kid was so terrified, they almost had to leave. Buddy took the mom and the kid into our back room and showed her that he was just a guy in a costume. The mom was so grateful, she said it was a major breakthrough for her daughter. So, at least that removal of the head in front of kids was a good thing

Comment

We do Easter Bunny photos at my store too. I get a shot every year for tradition. But no one can begin to pay me ENOUGH to sit in that hot suit all day and then endure angry customers whining about where I was just because I had the decency of taking a break.

Comment

My rescue group has Santa come in and pose with the critters. Our Santas are unpaid volunteers who have to have pillows stuffed in their costumes and sit in an overheated store. It takes at least 10 minutes to help them get undressed/unstuffed long enough for them to pee. One of our Santas went out on the loading dock to smoke, beard and hat off. Someone saw him and complained to PetCo corp. My friends won't volunteer to be a Santa anymore.

Comment

Working...
              X