This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Syriilord View Post
    Oooh. I've had to deal with the honey puddle too. They're a bo**ocks to clean up.

Worst one I've seen though was the <Deep Booming Voice>OCEAN! OF! WINE! (Wine..wine..wine...) </Deep Booming Voice>. The top shelf of an end display of wine once collapsed, knocking down every other shelf on its way down and breaking literally dozens of bottles unleashing a veritable tsunami of cheap plonk across the aisles.

Reasonably easy to clean up, but not pleasant in any form
    Had that at the supermarket; a shelf just collapsed for no reason. Cuz it would take ages to clear up, the aisle was fenced off with trolleys. Customers kept trying to move the trolleys, so in the end a couple of cashiers had to be put on guard to stop people walking down there. It was tempting to just say, "Fine then, walk down here and cut your feet to ribbons then!" when people were too dimwitted to understand that down that aisle was an ocean of wine and broken glass, so that's why we were stopping them going there, not cuz we were meany pantses who wanted to deprive them of alcohol.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Yes. I'd cut off sections of an isle to deal with a spill and broken glass that tracked the whole ilse through, and not only would consumers throw a fit, the mismanagers would take their side.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
        Sometimes we'll receive merchandise that's been broken during transit. Detergent, body wash, and lotion are fun when busted. Not.
        Several broken boxes of permanent, ammonia laced hairdye in a tote. Mixed with dish soap that some dumb cluck coworker decided to toss in because the hairdye was damaged and it would be sent back anyway.

I win.

Quoth cashierbex View Post
        I'm glad I didn't have to pay for a new Telxon
        I broke a Telxon last week.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth ralerin View Post
          I broke a Telxon last week.
          Do tell. Did it still work afterwards?

I once dropped a Symbol machine in the back room when I was picking it up off the bench and if landed face down on the concrete!

It still worked though so it wasn't a total loss.
          Last edited by DGoddessChardonnay; 04-05-2012, 02:14 AM. Reason: Fixed broken quote tag
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

I once dropped a Symbol machine in the back room when I was picking it up off the bench and if landed face down on the concrete!

Take it from the expert: Those things can take a licking and keep on ticking.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
              Do tell. Did it still work afterwards?

Nope. It fell out of my hands and landed screen side down on the floor. Buttons wouldn't respond. Manager P had a play with it and he broke it further, it got stuck on a screen whining that Flash wasn't installed. So technically my manager broke it, I just helped it along to its demise. Hopefully we'll get a new one, the charging stand for it is broken, too!
              Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                Yes. I'd cut off sections of an isle to deal with a spill and broken glass that tracked the whole ilse through, and not only would consumers throw a fit, the mismanagers would take their side.
                Wow. O.o Bet they wouldn't like it if a customer got cut and sued them! O_o Luckily, in the supermarket, the duty manager dismissed any complaints about non access to the booze aisle, and just told the customers that they could enter it as soon as the mess was cleared up. It took ages, cuz there were just two cleaners available at the time, and none of us cashiers were allowed to help cuz it was too glassy. I guess management didn't want us to be unable to operate the tills if we got cut with glass. XD
                People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                X