This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
    I would have told the customers that they had the entire day to come in, so why around closing time? There'd be no way in hell I'd put my personal life on hold to serve customers like this, or any customer at all, unless she'd be a hot babe in a convertible who would invite me to a party of hers right after my shift!

Oh...wait, I'm just going into my fantasy again.
    Would you be expecting her to a different sort of sucky customer?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
      When I worked at the BST call center years ago, the cut off was 6pm, yet you had to make sure the que was cleared out. Well, seemed like every day, at 5:59pm and fifty-eight seconds, you were ready to hit your "close out" button, and at least one, sometimes two calls, would sneak in right when the clock hit 6:00:00. We were not allowed to turn those away, or just up and leave until those calls were gone.
      Our call center is like that. The phone lines do close at a certain time, so no new calls can come in after that, but if they're already in the queue, people who are still at work are supposed to make sure the queues are clear before they log out. Since I've been working an earlier shift and leaving quite far ahead of closing time, I thought I was off the hook for that...but recently an e-mail went around saying we ALL had to go into queue and make sure the phone didn't ring before we left. What a crock. Sometimes I don't do it, especially if I've already worked past my shift end time due to a long call or long follow-up. I don't care how long they've been holding, everybody has to wait in line sometimes, and I've done my time for the day.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Since you are in England its possible its related to the current screw up over the possible strike. Two days after they've confirmed there won't be a strike until after Easter (9th April) its still a nightmare to find petrol around here. You can tell the open stations by the bad queues in them when all of the others are empty and deserted.

Luckily we had full tanks in both cars and hubby's mainly runs of LPG so it should be back to normal before we need to worry.
        I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
          We've also recently had window bangers; people who walk in and bang on the windows and scream abuse at us cuz we dared to close on time. Yeah, I'm really going to let you in now you've called me a bitch.
          Well, sure! Don't you know verbal abuse and obnoxious noise are supposed to stir up warm feelings towards customers in you service robot types? Now get over here and serve the Almighty Customer! [/SC mindframe]
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

@ call center workers ... And, I presume, you also are required to do everything in your power to run labor (read: control hours worked) to make sure nobody goes into Overtime, correct?
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
              Since you are in England its possible its related to the current screw up over the possible strike. Two days after they've confirmed there won't be a strike until after Easter (9th April) its still a nightmare to find petrol around here. You can tell the open stations by the bad queues in them when all of the others are empty and deserted.

Luckily we had full tanks in both cars and hubby's mainly runs of LPG so it should be back to normal before we need to worry.
              I know that; I've got a thread about it in Fratching, which is where it's best to discuss that. ^^

We don't sell LPG in our petrol station; just diesel, super and unleaded. I remember the last petrol shortage, that was when I still had my motorbike and I had to fill it with super. Sadly, it didn't turn it into a Harley.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

In any line of work, I usually trot out the same old line at closing time: "The computers say we're open til <closing time> and don't work after that". Customers don't need to know the difference
                Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
                What's the difference?
                We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Yep, "I'm sorry, my register is in counting out mode now. And my computer system will not accept new work orders until opening Monday." Oh, how I loved that line when I worked at Monkey Wards Repair.
                  If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

The problem with saying that is sometimes you'll tell someone who used to work for your company (and therefore, should know better) and then will call the corporate office to complain that you tried to force them out at closing time.

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      "Oh bum, I'm not going to get in now. I'd better just cut my losses and try the We Killed Spongebob petrol station instead."
                      I'd rather waltz naked through the fires of hell.

But I do understand your point. If I know I'm not getting to that station then I'll just flag my GPS to find me another station for fuel.
                      I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

At that time, the Sea Creature Home petrol stations were both closed, having been drained dry of fuel, so the nearest one was the We Killed Spongbob one. A bit more expensive, but a lot better than being stuck by the side of the road.

In any case, I only get paid up to fifteen minutes after closing and I don't work for free, so as far as I'm concerned, closed means closed. I bet some of the SCs demanding that we stay open and serve them wouldn't be too happy if someone went to their place of work and made them stay after their finishing time.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Gizmo View Post
                          Yup, LPG plus 2/3 tank of unleaded petrol here means I get to watch with mild curiosity while people play the How Many Petrol Containers Can I Fill game.

Comment

Answer; two! XD It was funny to watch people trying to persuade us otherwise, tho.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                              I'd rather waltz naked through the fires of hell.
                              Now we're back to nudity again....
                              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                                Well, sure! Don't you know verbal abuse and obnoxious noise are supposed to stir up warm feelings towards customers in you service robot types? Now get over here and serve the Almighty Customer! [/SC mindframe]

Then maybe I'm an oddball because all that mindset makes me want to do is to manage my anger - preferably on them.
                                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                                X