This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    The amount of refunds we did was ridiculous. Not because we were serving bad food or anything, but because the customers were too impatient to wait for their food, despite being told about the delay before they ordered.

SC: But I didn’t think you were serious!

At least three customers said that.
    Dude, look around. This place is MOBBED. The staff is running their collective ass off and their nerves are absolutely shot.
    Why the would they joke about a delay?!?!
    SC: I’ve been waiting for my food for 20 minutes. Can’t you work a bit faster?
    F: Maggie, leave him alone.
    SC: But-
    F: MAGGIE! LEAVE. HIM. ALONE.
    God bless that customer who had the decency to tell Maggie to back off.
    Manager gave us a bottle of wine each for our effort, and one of the nice regular customers came up to us and gave us a group hug. A co-worker actually started sobbing.
    You have truly had The Day From Hell. You deserved that wine, and more!
    Last edited by XCashier; 04-01-2012, 09:44 PM.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
      And a briefcase from Agent Graves. (cookies for reference)
      This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds... (/Mission Impossible) (waiting for cookies)

Ye Gods, what an awful experience. I had some similar when I worked at Mom and Pop Pizza Place but not quite that bad, probably because we were a relatively small place and usually not mobbed at lunch every day or dinner every night. The last night that it happened to me, though...I quit
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth BeenThereDoneThat View Post
        This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds... (/Mission Impossible) (waiting for cookies)
        Wrong. No cookies for you!
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I would usually ask for the wait time in a crowded restaurant before deciding whether to order or not. I remember hanging out with a friend once on a Friday night and we both wanted pizza. Three different pizza places all had the same wait time for pizza to be delivered---over an hour. To this, I replied each time cheerfully, "Okay, thanks anyway!"

We ended up going to an Arby's instead, where it took only four minutes for our meals to be cooked. But I couldn't help but wonder how many other customers at these pizza places were as understanding as I was.

Comment

Wrong. No cookies for you!
            Darn! Guess I'll get some candy instead
            "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Holy. Schnikees. Batman. I could never wait tables. I have no patience for bullshit.

I think Maggie's friend saved her life today.
              "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

And a briefcase from Agent Graves. (cookies for reference)
                The Vertigo imprint and the number 100 are popping into my head for some reason.

Comment

I'm debating typing up the rest of the SC's from this shift. In the past 24 hours, my head has become clearer and I am remembering more. It may take a while due to the fact that I may experience flashbacks.

Although there is a bit of good news. The schools in the area have just finished for a two week easter break. Normally the pub would immediately put me on full time hours seeing as I was free. Well, they have completely forgot that the schools are off, and have scheduled me for my normal baby shifts

I don't intended on correcting their mistake.

Comment

I'm so surprised that the first reaction from those parents is not "Oh my God, is Junior okay?" but "WE'RE SUING!!!" Oh wait, no I'm not.
                    It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                    -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                      Do you want the banana marshmallow brownies or the peanut butter fudge ones?
                      Send me the recipe. I'll bake extras to send to CRML and ths crew ^_^

...After plenty of ...uhm...quality control...on my end, of course
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                        The Vertigo imprint and the number 100 are popping into my head for some reason.
                        Ding ding ding. 100 Bullets.
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I'm debating typing up the rest of the SC's from this shift. In the past 24 hours, my head has become clearer and I am remembering more.
                          Go ahead and write it down. You'll feel better after exorcising those memories, and we'll all give the SCs the mockery they deserve.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That you or anybody else working with you didn't snap at those SC's is a miracle.

Comment

Hole. E. Frack!

I think you've topped the stupid/entitled/bratty meter.

On the flip side, your manager is awesome! I wish I could see that tables faces as you took their food away from them! Funny how it became safe to eat once it was free, ehe?

Glad you survived.
                              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

How...I...oh my gods!

You have the most special people in the world come into your pub. And by "special" I mean "so stupid and awful that it's beyond comprehension." I think I probably would have been sobbing alongside your co-worker if I'd had to endure all of that!

Egads. You deserve a month's vacation, with pay.

Comment

Working...
                                X