This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG you poor thing - what a horrible, horrible day
    Makes me tempted (I'll have to wait til I win Lotto unfortunately!) to just hop a plane, come over & find your pub, and show them what an awesome customer really is
    *Much hugs, cookies, and beverages of choice*
    Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
    What's the difference?
    We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I don't understand. If there's going to be a wait that's more than fifteen minutes, wouldn't it make more sense to just dine elsewhere? That's what I would usually do.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
        I don't understand. If there's going to be a wait that's more than fifteen minutes, wouldn't it make more sense to just dine elsewhere? That's what I would usually do.
        Well, yes, but you're blessed with these things called "logic" and "common sense", two talents that SCs are, sadly, lacking.

Perhaps we could start a telethon for them?
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

CRML. *hugs you and your CWs*

*brings in truckloads of you favorite sugary treats*

I...I...they're my kind of booze, so...
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

People are ridiculously entitled and, well, retarded.

Around these parts, Friday and Saturday nights are horrid for getting tables anywhere, even at Crapplebees.

The other night, my bf and I had to settle for a third pick place, because the parking lots for the first two were completely full. But it was our own fault for picking a later movie (we were stuck on 2D, which had less showings), and not going out earlier.

The times I worked at restaurants, I could not fathom why anyone would see a full parking lot, a line going practically out the door, and still want to get out and wait for a table. Let alone have the nerve to be upset about having to wait.

Because no one goes out to eat after church or on a Friday night.

What really sucks also, for workers and customers alike, is there is always a vulture or two or eek, three, people that are adament that they WILL be eating here, and they will watch the wait list like hawks and they even argue with hosts over if they've been skipped or not. These people are absolutely horrendous to deal with. They just glare at anyone else who comes in the door or even looks like they are headed towards the dining areas.
            Last edited by blas; 04-02-2012, 03:51 AM.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
              SC: MY CRAYON HAS SNAPPED!!!!!!11111!!!!

I ran and hid in the kitchen.
              Hopefully to laugh like a howler monkey at this twit.

M: *picks up plates* Customersruinmylife, take these to the kitchen and dispose of them.
              Me: *cheerfully* Sure!
              SC: So now instead of poisoning me you’re going to let me starve to death????
              First of all, that was classic pwnage. Secondly...Well if she's too stupid to find somewhere else to eat when she's on the brink of starvation...Darwinism in action if you ask me.

F: Maggie, leave him alone.
              SC: But-
              F: MAGGIE! LEAVE. HIM. ALONE.
              Clearly someone who realized that letting "Maggie" provoke you into a homicidal rampage was not likely to be conducive to getting their food.

Myself and three co-workers finished at the same time. Manager gave us a bottle of wine each for our effort, and one of the nice regular customers came up to us and gave us a group hug. A co-worker actually started sobbing.
              Kudos to the manager, and double kudos to the nice customer. It's people like that are treasured customers.
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

CRML: This will probably sound like a weird question, but can I have a job with you guys? I know I'm in another country and I know I have no barwork experience; but I'm desperate for a job, willing to move and learn and it sounds like you guys could really use the help....
                Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                  CRML: This will probably sound like a weird question, but can I have a job with you guys? I know I'm in another country and I know I have no barwork experience; but I'm desperate for a job, willing to move and learn and it sounds like you guys could really use the help....
                  As someone who's trying to get visa to go to the uk (fiancee but if I could get a work permit before then it'd be great) I can tell you that bar work won't get you in.
                  Won't pass the requirements.
                  How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

Suddenly, it was like every single member of the public thought “You know what, they aren’t having a difficult enough day. Let’s go there for lunch!”
                    Never fails when a place is shorthanded.

SC: MY CRAYON HAS SNAPPED!!!!!!11111!!!!
                    How bad am I to picture myself being there and just laughing my ass off at her?
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I feel for you; have triple chocolate cookies!

I hate it when customers think that wait times are unreasonable/a joke. Once at the pizza place, we were short staffed cuz both the woman who did the washing up and a shop worker were off sick. I volunteered to do the washing up (yay! No SCs! ) and the drivers jumped in to serve or answer the phone whenever they could; plus the store owner was also manning the phones and serving. We had to give customers a ninety minute to an hour wait time, due to the fact that cuz we were short staffed, every single person within a ten mile radius decided that they wanted pizza that evening. -.-

And of course, people bitched, moaned, whined and cried about the wait time. "But I'm huunnnngggrryyyy! I can't wait that lonnngggg!!! " So buy a fucking frozen pizza, stick it in the oven and you can have it in twenty minutes.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

SC: But you weren’t even busy a minute ago!
                        Me: Yes, but we are busy now.
                        SC: That’s not the point!
                        So agreeing that "a minute ago" you weren't busy would make the wait go away? WTF did they want you to do? Magically make it be "a minute ago"?
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                          As someone who's trying to get visa to go to the uk (fiancee but if I could get a work permit before then it'd be great) I can tell you that bar work won't get you in.
                          Won't pass the requirements.
                          I'm Irish with relatives in the UK already, so (I'm not 100% sure on this though) I think they'd let me in. They'd probably want me to build them some roads or something though
                          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                          X