This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth neon81159 View Post
    I always carry a spare key in my billfold, in case I do lock myself out.
    My dad usually keeps a spare key underneath the wheel well of his truck (inside a magnetic keybox.)

It's a trick he learned from his FIL (my stepmom's dad) and he's never had a problem.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I once locked my keys in the trunk of my 01 Malibu. I was 2 hours from home on the 4th of July. The officer I called said they couldn't help because of liability issues and the cheepest locksmith wanted 80 bucks.

I didn't have a hanger, but I took apart my windshield wiper and used the thin metal strip to get in my window after I peeled back the weatherstripping. Took about an hour but I got it down far enough to unlock my door!

Of course it started to rain on the way home.

Comment

Quoth neon81159 View Post
        I just leave it unlocked.. nothing to steal, glovebox is empty also.
        When I still had my '87 Tempo, I never locked that piece of shit. Only time I locked it, is if I was driving it. Frame damage meant that the driver's door would sometimes fly open if you hit the brakes Provided...that the damn brakes actually *worked* to begin with

Didn't stop someone at the local mall from trying to 'pop' the lock out of the passenger door though. Apparently, they assumed that the car was locked, and attempted to pry the lock out. Didn't accomplish much, other than pissing me off, and putting a dent in the door. Nothing a little filler and spray paint couldn't take care of

That wasn't the only car like that my family has had. Dad had a beat-up '88 Taurus that he'd leave unlocked, and sometimes with the keys in it. He figured, that if someone wanted to try starting that shitbox...they could have it. Failing electronics meant that the Taurus was a bitch to start.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
        X