Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll Call the Cops On Youuuuuuuuu! BLARGLEARGLEARGLE!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    -Yes, we have that vehicle, it was called in to us for not having a permit, it will be $115 to pick up
    Quick question, have you ever towed a car that did end up having a valid permit that had fallen off or something? What would happen if you did? Would they need to pay the 115?

Comment

I've always considered parking tickets to be a "stupidity tax"; I've had 3 in my life, and I could probably have contested 2 successfully if I'd had the time or knowledge back then that I've accrued over the years. The third I totally own, I had forgotten to set my alarm & was parked in a bay I knew needed a permit after a set time of day; I'd gotten away with it before but knew that was the exception, and that too was down to a failure to wake up at a decent hour!
      This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
      I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

although to be honest... i don't listen to signs either. except in japan cos sometimes the signs there *did* make noises.

Comment

Quoth draco664 View Post
          Quick question, have you ever towed a car that did end up having a valid permit that had fallen off or something? What would happen if you did? Would they need to pay the 115?
          IIRC from reading some of Arga's previous posts, the tow truck drivers do a little bit of checking in the truck for such things-- seeing if they can spot it on the seat, or between them if possible-- to avoid that very thing.

But if they can't see it, then it's not there. Anything else ... well, answer us, O Arga of Barga!
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
            The cops came and started taking down the lady's information. About halfway through, she said, "Oh! I just remembered! I drove my husband's car here!"
            That reminds me of what the manager (nice guy, BTW...bit of a tool though) at Hechinger's did once. He'd driven across the shopping center to Long John Silver's, had lunch...and walked back. Around quitting time, he's freaking out, because his vehicle wasn't in the lot. He called the cops, they came...and weren't amused when they found his car...still sitting at Long John's, where he'd left it about 5 hours prior. I don't remember if he got fined, but I do remember seeing him get chewed out in the cashiering department
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
              IIRC from reading some of Arga's previous posts, the tow truck drivers do a little bit of checking in the truck for such things-- seeing if they can spot it on the seat, or between them if possible-- to avoid that very thing.

But if they can't see it, then it's not there. Anything else ... well, answer us, O Arga of Barga!
              If it's not anywhere where we can see it, like in the glove box or kicked under the seat, then they have to pay the $115, as all the lots have rules that specifically say you must have a "VISIBLE PERMIT"

If the driver just was lazy and missed the fact it was sitting on the passengers seat, it gets released for free and the driver gets a talking to about wasting fuel and time
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                That reminds me of what the manager (nice guy, BTW...bit of a tool though) at Hechinger's did once. He'd driven across the shopping center to Long John Silver's, had lunch...and walked back. Around quitting time, he's freaking out, because his vehicle wasn't in the lot. He called the cops, they came...and weren't amused when they found his car...still sitting at Long John's, where he'd left it about 5 hours prior. I don't remember if he got fined, but I do remember seeing him get chewed out in the cashiering department
                I suspect most of the time they'll just yell at you and let it go - unless you make a habit of it. If they have to correct your stupidity often enough that they recognize you, I'm guessing they'll be harsher.
                Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

I really love these "You can't tow me!" stories. But this one really tops the list! A stupid little jerk shrieking about calling the cops on you when apparently the cops already know the info of every single car that is towed.

Perhaps I should get into the towing business! I'm surprised that the moron didn't try to fight the excuse that the half an hour the car was parked there was REALLY just three minutes!

Comment

I have had one parking ticket in my life. I didn't think it was my fault because while I was ticketed for parking in a red zone, the paint was flaked and faded. I honestly thought I was in a legal parking place. I went back and took pics of the faded paint and went to court. I wasn't going to complain that I'd been only been inside for 10 minutes, just that I didn't think that I should have to pay the fine when the markings were so faded.

The Judge looked at my pics and agreed with me. The next time I went back to that mall, the red paint was RED.

Yes, I did indeed take half a day off from work to go to court and contest a $15 parking ticket. I wanted my record to be clean.

Comment

Working...
                    X