This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Could I Forget This?

Another thread reminded me of this charming mother. Just didn't want to hijack it

*BTW I just got off the clock, but I tend to stick around shopping or talking to coworkers when its not busy. I tried to help out the best I could.*

Cast:
    K- Coworker
    T- MOD, only one there so she gets busy
    SM- Stupid Mother
    Me

(Lady comes in. Nothing abnormal with that. She buys some kind of smoke buster (don't remember if its the patch or gum) and had a $10 coupon off for it. Again, nothing out of the ordinary. My old register system hated manufacturer coupons for some odd reason. I wish that wasn't a normal thing. Computers, can't expect them to work with you all the time.)

K- Is that all for you today?
    SM- Yes
    K- *rings up smoke buster and tries coupon*
    *register beeps and words come on the thing saying it was not the right item*
    K- Well, thats odd
    Me- *reads coupon* It should work, it says any Name Brand Smoke Buster
    SM- Well, can you hurry it up, my kids are in the car. ( )
    K- We can't hard key them in, let me call my manager
    SM- HURRY IT UP
    *we wait as I tell K to try different one's of the same price, we can fix the counts later. No go*
    T- What can I do for you ma'am?
    SM- This coupon isn't working, and I am in a rush. My kids are in the car. I have been waiting here for 15 minutes more like 3
    *T tries everything again, but then decides to modify the price, while the SM yells and asks for our names and corporates number. SM pays, and leaves and apparently called the number we gave her and reported us right away*
    T- Man, I hope when they fire me that they don't make me ride my bike to work to come back

Well, no one got fired. My Store Manager talked to the SM. And no one called CPS *damn it*. I am glad I am not that bad when I haven't had a cigarette.
    Last edited by cashierbex; 04-06-2012, 12:33 AM.

And she decided to leave her kids in the car? Were they being supervised? Because if she is in such a huge hurry to go back to her car, it sounds like they aren't. Being the customer she is, too bad one of her kids didn't decide to play "race car" with the parked vehicle while she was inside throwing a temper tantrum.

Or maybe she didn't want her kids to see how much of a 2-year old she can act like herself!

Comment

She's lucky I didn't see the kids alone in the car. I have a cell phone and I know how to use it. I will stop what I'm doing and call 911 when I see that. The police are very responsive for those sort of calls where I live. Every summer, people leave their kids in hot cars to die.

I also call about dogs left in cars, but the police are not as responsive. Its possible that someone I know has broken car windows and taken the panting, foaming dogs and put them up for rescue. Of course, I know nothing about that.

Comment

Working...
      X