Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought new ink cartridges. Credit card bill will be a little higher than I wanted, but whatev.

My replacement Kindle is supposed to be here no later than Thursday, one day before I leave for vacation.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Welp, that's it. I'm done with Amazon and their piece of shit Kindles.

My replacement Kindle Fire is very obviously remanufactured and a piece of shit. The touchscreen is all fucked up. The keyboard is practically unusable because it puts in the wrong letters. Due to some update or something I've had to re-login to CS and gotten locked out because the wrong letters or numbers are being put in when I meant to type something else.

If I try to click on a link on a web page, it only opens half the time. The other half of the time the page enlarges, shrinks, moves around, or just acts bizarre.

I guess Amazon hopes I'll just shell out another 150 bones for a new Kindle, or 200 for the Kindle Fire HD. They made it clear they were doing me a favor I wasn't entitled to the first time I had to return a Kindle; they probably won't be as nice the second time, and I'll probably get another refurbished model that sucks in other ways.

I'll just go with a regular tablet next time.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Feel free to ignore my 2c,but you could try the Consumer Action Group.It's much more UK-based,but they do have a lot of success and folks on the boards who know their stuff-things such as template letters to claim your money back or a replacement,depending on the different Acts of Parliament. I don't know if I'm allowed to post links to outside sites,but typing in Consumer Action Group to Google should bring it up easy.
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Working...
        X