This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Argabarga View Post
    I'm always surprised-but-not-that-surprised when you tell a customer what they want is illegal.... and they don't even skip a beat in expecting you to do it anyway.
    You must not be using the right tone of voice.

The illegal thing I get asked for most is selling beer after midnight (state law prohibits selling alcohol between midnight and 6am). I explain I can't, they plead. I mention it being State law, they act like they didn't hear. They ask if I could do it just this once and I respond "It would be illegal for me to do that."

And they all stop there.
    It's almost like they can psychicly sense that the next step in that dance is "Asking someone to commit a crime is, itself, a crime, and if you continue to commit crimes on the premises you will be banned from the property."

Comment

"Oh yeeahhh, she got fired, and the customer that tried to force us to do it got arrested too.

Security! I need you to call the fuzz..."

Comment

Any time a customer said that someone allowed them to break the law, the immediate question was Who? and an exhortation that I needed to know right away because that was a serious offense. I don't tolerate dishonesty, period.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Yeah, back when I was working at the food stamp office, I had people telling me that someone had done it before. My first response, was "Who was it?" It was actually kinda amusing to watch them try to "remember" who it was.

My favorites were the ones who said "my last worker said/did/promised" and I checked to find out that the last worker was me.

I can't imagine any reputable store allowing what the OP's SC was wanting. She was just a lying liar who lies. Badly.

Comment

Working...
          X