This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Damien View Post
    I am not exactly popular with the mods, partly due to my inability to communicate properly (ironic being a teacher) - but they seem to understand this and allow me to stay.
    Who are you? And who am I? And why are we still talking about this?

But in all seriousness guys I think we got our point across. No need to continue this discussion.

Comment

I'm sure I have also caused the mods a fair amount of headaches, due to my Aspergers making it difficult sometimes to know if I'm veering to the edge of rudeness; but I can always go to Ree if I need any help. She has been very kind and helpful at all times, and deserves a gold star. XD
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Damien View Post
        \I am not exactly popular with the mods, partly due to my inability to communicate properly (ironic being a teacher) - but they seem to understand this and allow me to stay.
        Hey, I think you're cool--teachers of the world, unite! (In the staff room for coffee)

As for the OP, all that I wanted to say has been said already. But I'd like to say that I'm not hungry for power, I've just got a hankering for sloth.
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

I don't see how it's so hard to go to Fratching and just make an account.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            I don't see how it's so hard to go to Fratching and just make an account.
            Because that would require clicking on a link and typing. OMG. Sooooooo much work.
            Military Spouse Support.
            http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
            Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Just a reminder, guys...we don't attack other members, so let's keep any negative comments or insinuations against the OP away from the board.

Can I have a cheeseburger brought forward some concerns and they have been addressed.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I do apologize, Ree.

I do believe that the OP is missing out on a lot of good discussions by not wanting to sign up, and since signing up at Fratching is the same as signing up here (meaning it only takes minutes, no spam no signing up for other stuff), it's a quick and easy way to get in on all the good stuff.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The mods here ROCK. I have been a moderator/op for several sites and IRC channels. Let me tell you, it is a VERY thankless job.

The mods here, from what I have seen, have had the ability to stay calm, stay objective, and manage to police this site effectively without things devolving into drama. None of the mods here are "Worship me, for I exist" types, and I have yet to see the politics and insularity that have appeared in MANY older communities.

Plus, I have yet to see any of them accused of favoritism, which also seems to happen in many communities after a while. (Though I am SURE it happens. Along with people swearing bloody revenge, etc if you *dare* discipline their royal highnesses. Not meaning the OP, of course, just something *I've* dealt with elsewhere FAR too often. Being one of the "most experienced with IRC" channel ops in certain communities often equals being the one enforcing/setting kicks and bans.)

Kudos to Raps, Ree, NightAngel, Puck, Spiffy, Mike, Dips, Iradney, Broomjockey, and anyone I may have missed. Edit: Oops, and DGoddess! ^^;; (And Boozy. >.> )

And yes, I realize how much of this sounds like sucking up. :P It's not, I've just been there, done that, and thanks to my Asperger's occasionally *been* an issue elsewhere. ^^;; If I were to post some time on some of the tantrums I've seen... People can be very, very scary when stood up to, even online.

Thank you for this community and for Fratching!
                  Last edited by Ree; 01-06-2010, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Wouldn't the rules quoted in the first page of the thread refer to disputes with specific board moderators and not something like a suggestion? Granted, generalizing moderators as power-hungry may have been uncalled for in my opinion. Although, I don't see how fewer moderators is supposed to solve the issue unless the issue at hand is the power-hungry moderators and not the over-promotion of fratching.

Sometimes it does feel like the moderators are going overboard with the fratching promotion though. I usually just roll my eyes at those posts instead of getting bothered by them.

Comment

Quoth casey13 View Post
                      Wouldn't the rules quoted in the first page of the thread refer to disputes with specific board moderators and not something like a suggestion?
                      Not really.
                      Suggestions such as this, where the moderating of the board is being questioned, are always best to be handled off the main board.

If it really is a suggestion, that's one thing, but if it's actually a dispute veiled as a suggestion, then it should not be posted on the board.

Nobody is saying that the moderating is above being questioned. It's just better for board morale if it isn't done openly.
                      Moderators shouldn't have to publicly defend themselves, whether it's being done in a well-meaning way, or whether it's a genuine slam against the moderating.

Sometimes it does feel like the moderators are going overboard with the fratching promotion though. I usually just roll my eyes at those posts instead of getting bothered by them.
                      This is a board dedicated to the discussion of customer service issues. It is meant to be a lighthearted diversion for customer service workers at the end of a long day of dealing with conflict and sucky behaviour.

It is not meant for heavy issues and debate of political, religious, social reform, or legal matters.
                      Unfortunately, too many times, all of those areas get thrown into simple discussions.
                      The criteria for what makes a fratching issue have been put out there many times, yet people still fail to follow that guideline.

If it seems fratching is being over-promoted, perhaps people need to start taking a look at what they're posting on CustomersSuck.
                      Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
                        Not really.
                        Moderators shouldn't have to publicly defend themselves, whether it's being done in a well-meaning way, or whether it's a genuine slam against the moderating.
                        This, btw, is why I quit most of my moderating/channel op positions. Too many people LOVE to undermine authority online. Or wonder why there ARE authorities in the first place. -.-

Comment

I find it interesting that the OP posted eight days ago and hasn't logged in since.

Rapscallion

Comment

Throwing two cents in... I love that it's a board for discussing one particular thing that many people have in common, and that 'controversial' (read: offensive) posts aren't allowed.

I hate boards where people are allowed to get away with being racist, sexist, homophobic, or bashing people's religions or politicial leanings. All it does is creates a board where one set of opinions dominates, and people who don't agree feel alienated and don't stick around.

You want to fight, there are places where you can fight.

Comment

Working...
                            X