This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not on your side.

It's true that when I come up to the cashier's check out lane or returns I'm objective and hold no bias but the second I hear that you're being a jerk, I am not on your side. It will probably take God himself to get me on your side. Unlike most of the asshole managers at my store, I am not here to kiss your ass and therefore I am not on your side. The moment you curse, make a rude remark, and even worse make one of my employees cry, not only am I not on your side, I have now gone so far into, "I will hurt you mode" that you won't even know what hit you. I do not tolerate male customers calling my female and even male cashiers "bitches". I do not tolerate racial, homophobic, misogynistic, etc... comments. I do not tolerate the abuse of my employees. I will promptly call security to have them remove your ass.

If my personally trained awesome returns cashier tells you that once you use a manufacture coupon, you can't get it back, do not yell obscenities at her like she's a moron. Not only was I just doing the weekly reports, which you interrupted because she had to call me, now I have to walk from my office to the front of the store. I am really not on your side now. And once I get up there it's really dumb to start yelling at me and asking for a manager when I AM the manager. You will get a swift no and I will kindly explain to you how illegal it is to try to get us to redo the coupon that isn't physically there.

*clings*
    Be my manager!!!
    Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Well stated, I feel and act the same way.
      Please wait patiently I have enough sarcasm for everyone.

Comment

Nuuu, be mine! *steals*
        Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

This reminds me of my manager, a little. I work at a few of my store's locations, and for a while, I was working at a location (we'll call it WC,) as a borrowed partner on a regular basis, i.e., my manager had given me to them for a few weeks. My manager is good about standing up for us but the WC manager was "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT" and never, ever, ever stood up for me, even when people were just ripping us off for the sake of ripping us off. The woman went as far as to give me a "stern talking to" when I refused to take a hundred dollar bill, which I cannot do by store policy. I'm just so thankful I'm back in my old location. My manager will fight with a customer as long as they want to fight to stand up for us, usually whether or not we are right or wrong. (Not that we're ever wrong and don't fess up to it, as we are pretty awesome baristas. *hearts coworkers*)

The worst part is, WC called my manager yesterday to have him send me over to them a couple days next week, too. I believe the exact words I used were "Please, never send me back to that place ever again!"

Comment

i.... am not sure who i love more you or my coach...

Comment

I have been at the same store since Aug 04 and the regular managers we have had have always been objective. They may let you get away with something once, if it was a misunderstanding and not illegal) but will explain that they will not let it happen again.

One called the Police when he caught on older lady (seasoned citizen) stealing. why she needed $100+ of steak and other meats we will never know. One of her shopping buddies said it wasn't good customer service and that she would take it to court. Aaah, the magic words where we will ignore you and hand you the piece of paper with the contact info for the legal dept. No charges were filed but a police report was taken and they were both trespassed from our store.

Comment

Oooh, now defending your employees first is something that will have you getting lots of christmas/birthday/holiday/just-because-we-love-you gifts! (If they're allowed... )

On that note, I do have to throw in my stakes on the "be my manager!" pool.
                Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                  why she needed $100+ of steak and other meats we will never know.
                  People sell them for half the ticket price. There are people who make their living off of stealing shit and reselling it for cheap to people they know won't squeal. It's apparently a decent way to fuel a drug habit and a drug house.

Comment

Quoth BaristaGirl View Post
                    The woman went as far as to give me a "stern talking to" when I refused to take a hundred dollar bill, which I cannot do by store policy.

I can only imagine how much she'd yell at you if you HAD taken the hundred dollar bill.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I, too, would like to throw in with the "be my manager" pool.

Could you at least do a circuit of seminars on how to be a good manager?
                      Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

My own suggestions for how to be a good manager:
                        1. Back your employees when they are following the law/store policy.
                        2. Treat all employees equally.
                        3. Train all employees in the correct application of laws/store policies they will be expected to observe and uphold.
                        4. Use constructive criticism and appropriate documentation of offenses to correct employees who act inappropriately while representing the company.
                        5. Management should only reprimand employees in a private setting away from all customers and co-workers, like the manager's office.
                        6. Encourage employees to call management for assistance, and actually respond to those calls, when an employee has difficulty in dealing with a disgruntled customer.
                        7. Allow employees the right to refuse service to abusive or otherwise hostile customers and non-customers.
                        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I generally like managers who treat customers well without kissing their backsides.

Comment

Working...
                          X