Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, I was helping the new girl out!

Friday is our busiest day of the week because we have this all-you-can-eat catfish thing. This Friday was a little more stressful than usual because we were training a new girl. She's not too confident on the registers yet, and so she messes up...a lot...on counting back change and finding the correct buttons to push.

So, anyway, it's about halfway through the biggest rush of the night, and this family that comes in every Friday, and are always the rudest assholes we ever get walk in the door. I'm standing next to the new girl, watching her, making sure she's doing ok, when the leader of the Asshole clan decides that I'm not doing my job. He says "Young man, are you here to wait on people, or are you here to just stand around with your head up your ass?"

I usually have more patience for this guy, but ever since I found out that last Sunday, he tried to scam us out of a pretty large amount of money, my patience for him has diminished dramatically.

My reply "Someone will wait on you in a second, she's [new girl] new, so I need to help her out. Please be patient and wait."

He wasn't too happy about this reply and lack of instant service, but as I said this in a very polite tone (and I've been told that I sound very dangerous when I squeeze out the fake politeness, dangerous as in "you're going to regret fucking with me today") he couldn't complain.

If he tried to scam y'all, shouldn't he be banned from the restaurant?
    My Myspace, add me!

Comment

The owner's don't want to ban him because it was the first time he's ever done something like that, and he always contributes a lot to the income of the store. And by a lot, they mean $20.00 or so. It's all about the money.

Comment

Quoth guitardude1987 View Post
        and so she messes up...a lot...on counting back change and
        I hope this is her first money handling job. (Or do you have a specific way to count back change?)

"Young man, are you here to wait on people, or are you here to just stand around with your head up your ass?"
        "Wow. Management's never given me that second option......I'll take that one please!"

but as I said this in a very polite tone <snip> he couldn't complain.
        Nicely handled. Hope they didn't give the newbie a hard time on their way out.

Comment

"Young man, are you here to wait on people, or are you here to just stand around with your head up your ass?"
          You're more patient than me, because I would have flipped out right there. What did he think he was going to get for cursing at the help?

Comment

I had a customer once complain because the cashier didn't greet her properly, i guess...it was me, the cashier, and a new girl who was just sort of observing, since it was her first day. the customer complained to the cashier, then to me, which I wasn't exactly monitoring the transaction so wasn't paying attention to the cashier's greeting. Then she said to the new girl who was behind us, something along the lines of "what are you just there to supervise" or something, really sarcastic. The new girl just shrugged and said "it's my first day, I don't know anything"...

bitchy lady went away then
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X