This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was threatened TWICE yesterday...

Ok, I had this HUGE post that was eaten by the server. It really pissed me off. Anyway, this is the Cliffs Notes version...

--I was at the service desk yesterday. Our Dairy Manager was returning a beer keg. We have a 7 day reutrn policy on beer kegs before the customers $25 deposit is forfeited. We make a point of telling every customer this information. I told him he couldn't get his deposit back and he said "Oh yes I can." After I looked at him stunned, he said "If I don't get that deposit back, there will be hell to pay." I gave him his deposit as I had 4 other people in line behind him and wasn't about to make them wait as he made a stink. I went to management on him when I had the chance.

--A "lady" lost her check yesterday, supposedly at the register. We have that automatic debit system in which the customer gets their check back and we electronically debit their account. She calls three times, each time stating that she "knows" she didn't get her check back, and she thinks the cashier kept it. The third time she called, she said "I've put a trace on the check. I have your name, I have the cashier's name, and I have the store's name. If anything happens to that check, you'll be hearing about it." Yeah, lady, you got me. I suppliment my income by stealing voided customer checks. That's how I pay for my mansion and bankroll my servants. Well, guess the jig is up now, huh? You got me.

Wow, kegs at a grocery store? You're lucky to find cooking sherry in one in MD. It's illegal to have any kind of booze in supermarkets, with exceptions in some counties. Though we're not as prudish as Pennsylvania. They can't even have beer and liquor in the same store!

Comment

Quoth erik316wttn View Post
      I told him he couldn't get his deposit back and he said "Oh yes I can." After I looked at him stunned, he said "If I don't get that deposit back, there will be hell to pay."
      Ugh. What a jackass. I hope he gets in trouble.

This is my least favorite kind of SC: entitled and aggressive, with a side of intimidation. Too bad you didn't have time to put him in his place, but sometimes you have to pick your battles. ("Till next time, evil dairy manager!!")
      But I don't need a vagina. I have a pony.
      -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth erik316wttn View Post
        "If I don't get that deposit back, there will be hell to pay."
        I have found that people like this are mostly bluff. Too bad you didn't call him on it. I tend to turn into a really unhelpful bastard when talked to like that.
        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Wow, you were alot nicer with that first jackass than I would have been.

Dittos on what Max said.
          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Quoth Tito View Post
            Wow, you were alot nicer with that first jackass than I would have been.

Dittos on what Max said.
            I would have given him what for if there weren't four other people in line behind him waiting patiently. And two associates arguing would have looked really bad in front of the customers.

Comment

What would be great with Mr. Dairy Manager is if karma leaves him with BIG bite marks on his butt by sending to him the SC of the Century!

Mike
              Meow.........

Comment

Then again, if the evil dairy manager was a PITA and the company was looking for ways to get him fired, this would be a good piece of reasoning they could use to back up their termination.
                Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                The Office

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
                  Wow, kegs at a grocery store? You're lucky to find cooking sherry in one in MD. It's illegal to have any kind of booze in supermarkets, with exceptions in some counties. Though we're not as prudish as Pennsylvania. They can't even have beer and liquor in the same store!
                  One of the things I love about Arizona: liquor and beer and wine and EVERYTHING in the grocery stores!

I know, you're thinking, "What?!?!?"

Yep, truly one stop shopping for drunks in the great state of Zona.

Sadly, I live in Florida, where you can get beer and wine in grocery stores, but can only get liquor in liquor stores. Admittedly, that is still better than what y'all have said about Maryland and Pennsylvania, but what can I say? I'm spoiled by the convenience I had in the desert!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    One of the things I love about Arizona: liquor and beer and wine and EVERYTHING in the grocery stores!

I know, you're thinking, "What?!?!?"

Yep, truly one stop shopping for drunks in the great state of Zona.

Sadly, I live in Florida, where you can get beer and wine in grocery stores, but can only get liquor in liquor stores. Admittedly, that is still better than what y'all have said about Maryland and Pennsylvania, but what can I say? I'm spoiled by the convenience I had in the desert!
                    I live in Wisconsin. That should explain it.

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
                      I still don't understand that. I've lived all over, including Kentucky and New Mexico, but I don't understand why PA has to have separate distributors for BEER, BOOZE, and then you can't find either one in any other store. It's very very odd and a little annoying.

...And I cant find more than one booze store than the one in town here, as I don't drink beer... (I drink to get drunk usually. Not to taste the stuff. Yuck.)
                      Last edited by ColonelInTheKitchen; 09-01-2007, 05:12 AM. Reason: look before you leap, of course
                      Purveyor of all chickeny goodness, and chicken ninja of the highest grade!
                      "With it's indiscriminate slaughter of organic tissue, nothing can survive." - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth ColonelInTheKitchen View Post
                        ...And I cant find more than one booze store than the one in town here, as I don't drink beer... (I drink to get drunk usually. Not to taste the stuff. Yuck.)
                        One word: BARS!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          Bars are great places to go for atmosphere, but they're way to expensive to do all the time. $7 for a martini or $13 for the whole fifth of vodka to do with what you please? Of course, when I do go out, I order things I just never have the supplies to make or have never tried before - that's worth paying for.

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                            Aren't there people at these mythical bars? ...(is scared)...

I'm terrified of crowds. I can't even go to Wally World in the middle of the night because of many customers (in our neighborhood most of the idjits come out at night and have posses in WM's parking lot). Well, by myself anyway... I get paranoid.
                            Purveyor of all chickeny goodness, and chicken ninja of the highest grade!
                            "With it's indiscriminate slaughter of organic tissue, nothing can survive." - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Working...
                            X