This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my head is probably going to explode soon

Phew! Fall is the ridiculously busy season in the world of coffee and with a higher volume of orders comes a higher volume of SCs. It's like an equation!

It's only noon today and I have already told at least 5 people that their order is guaranteed to be there in 10 business days, no less. If they want it there sooner, they've got to have it expedited (crazy expensive!). Here is an example of a typical call:

Me: Ok, you're all set, your order should be there within the next ten business days.
    SC: Oh...well...we usually get it in xyz number of days...
    Me: I understand that, but fall is our busiest season so we do ask that you allow the full ten business days for delivery time.
    SC: I see...well, we were really hoping to have this by friday, is there anything you can do to speed the process along?
    Me: If you want to have it by friday you can choose to expedite the shipping, which will be $exorbitant amount of money$
    SC: Oh my, no, I was wondering if you could just put our order on top of the pile.
    Me: I'm afraid I can't do that. There's a possibility it will be there by friday, since X state is a 3 day shipping zone from here, but I really can't guarantee that.
    SC: Oh well, you just do whatever you can to get it out, ok?
    Me: we'll see what we can do.
    SC: Have a blessed day!
    Me: *facepalm*

It's been about 5 people so far already, I wonder how many more times I will have to run through this spiel? If I put everyone's orders on top of the pile we would be stuck in some sort of crazy neverending spiral! The space time continuum would be destroyed! Don't these people realize what they are asking of me?? No sir, I will not bring about the destruction of the universe so your coffee can arrive sooner! How dare you ask?!

Quoth LizaMarie View Post
    SC: Oh my, no, I was wondering if you could just put our order on top of the pile.
    Notice they don't specify /which/ pile. Top of the pile could just as easily mean the pile in the wastebasket.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

IT Grunt makes an excellent point.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Oh goodness, if only. But then I would it would be me answering the phones when they didn't get their coffee at all. Better just to smile and nod and then blatantly ignore whatever special treatment they want but won't pay extra for.

Comment

Working...
        X