Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much is £50? Is it a euro or something? Sorry I have no clue...

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
      £

On a "colony" computer keyboard:

Press the ALT key, then type 156 on the side keypad and release the ALT key.

(The 'extended' code, which I think is pretty limited):
      http://www.cdrummond.qc.ca/cegep/inf...iles/ascii.htm

On USA Macs: Alt-3
      DJ Particle

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
        How much is £50? Is it a euro or something? Sorry I have no clue...
        That's 50 British Pounds, which is the equivalent of ~ US$ 100. Not horribly expensive by jewelery standards, but not a cheapie from The Silver Hut either.
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          It's not your fault you didn't catch on to what they were doing.
          Ask your manager to get you trained in more types of theft prevention.

I've never worked in jewelry before, but as a customer, I expect to be shown things one item at a time, not a tray at a time. It surprised me that you mentioned showing them the whole tray.
          If I really want a closer look at a whole tray, I get to see it through the glass panel with the employee holding it close to the top of the panel - but still with me unable to touch.

Maybe you could start doing that?
          Seshat's self-help guide:
          1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
          2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
          3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
          4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

What I find interesting is that they only asked to see items that Songs could show them without calling someone else over. The lady had a fan of 20 pound notes, yet she didn't want to see anything over the price limit that you yourself are allowed.......interesting.
            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth Primer View Post
              More likely the cost to the shop was closer to (L)17. (ok, I don't know how to make a pound sign on this 'merican keyboard!)
              Like this...£

It's one of the ALT key codes. In this case it's alt+0163. Press and hold the alt key while typing in the code and out will pop the "£"

Click here to see the rest of the alt codes

M
              I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                What I find interesting is that they only asked to see items that Songs could show them without calling someone else over. The lady had a fan of 20 pound notes, yet she didn't want to see anything over the price limit that you yourself are allowed.......interesting.
                Only slightly suspicious, there...

We bring out pads at a time, a total of about twenty items, because apart from a series of about 30 of them the contents are sellable by me. We also group items on pads so a customer can compare between a bunch of sapphire stuff, or multi-colour gold earrings, for instance. Our most expensive crap is stored on hexagonal pillars of which we're only allowed to take 2 out at a time - pads is 2 pads, but with both only one pillar or pad is allowed to be under the customer's nose at a time. I've seen this done in H. Samuel's too, which is F. Hinds direct rival. (I think.)

I learnt a lot from working in a jewellery store. Tanzanite is red when it comes out the ground, and mixing aluminium with gold turns it purple.
                "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Working...
                X