X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Me?

What is it about me that says "Yes, I want too much information?"

Me: These charges were to put minutes on a prepaid cell phone. Do you own a prepaid cell phone?

Weirdo on Phone: No, I don't. Hey, can I ask you a personal question?

Me: Um, all right, if you want.

WOP: Do you know anything about penile erectile disfunction?

Me: No, I don't.

WOP: Well I wonder what I should do about it.

Me: Talk to your doctor. Did you want any more information on these charges on your credit card sir?

WOP: Well, it just, you know, it causes problems between me and mywife.

Me: Talk to your doctor, sir. I will not discuss this with you.

WOP: But---

Me: Ok, sir, I am disconnecting this call now. Have a nice morning.

I mean seriously, are you trying to be funny? Or are you really that clueless, that you'd discuss this with a perfect stranger over the phone?
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

"Can I ask you a personal question?" never ends well.
    Depending on what you can get away with try "no, I can't give out or discuss personal information" or "no you may not ask me a personal question this is a buisness call" or "If you want me to answer a personal question please hang up and dial 900-xxx-xxxx".

Comment

Whenever someone tries to do something like that, I just tell them I'm sorry, I don't discuss personal information with customers.
      Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

That might have been an extremely weak attempt at a prank. And if it wasn't, he's probably just like so many other callers who seem to think that CSRs know everything there is to know about everything (except how to "get a real job"), including erectile dysfunction, government conspiracies, corporate policies, insider trading secrets, recipes, and the phone number for every person or organization in the world.

When a customer wants to ask me a personal question, I tell them: "You can ask me whatever questions you want. I am under no obligation to answer them."
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
          When a customer wants to ask me a personal question, I tell them: "You can ask me whatever questions you want. I am under no obligation to answer them."

Ooooh, I like that. I will start using it. Thanks!
          Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Just a lame attempt to get some free dirty talk from a female voice.

The jackass has to pay those 900 number fees like all the other perverts.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
              I like to say simply, "You can ask..."
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ThePhoneGoddess View Post
                WOP: Do you know anything about penile erectile disfunction?
                Maybe he was trying to get you to say it . . . in weird heebie-jeebie kind of way . . .
                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Not just you honey, if I remember right Gravedigger had a caller tell him she was running late for a pap smear appointment

Comment

"You can ask away, that doesn't mean I'll respond, or that I'll know the best course of action, or whatever you're looking for. And rest assured, if I do know the answer, you will be paying handsomely out the ass for it."
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I had a husband and wife once ask me if I was married. I am not, but I responded "Sir, that is a personal question, and i do not have to respond to that." He qoes "you can tell me, I won't tell anyone." He keeps prying, so I reach for the phone, hit page and say "<insert GM name> please dial 125, <insert Gm name> 125." He ran of really quickly after that. This wasn't the first time he has done this to a employee and I found out the GM had filled out Incident Reports on this guy before. Supposedly he was banned since he hasn't been seen since.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
                        Not just you honey, if I remember right Gravedigger had a caller tell him she was running late for a pap smear appointment
                        Oh, you mean Gravekeeper. It definitely sounds as if his callers are on the loose this week.

I sometimes don't know which is worse . . the TMI folks or the ones who have to give you their life story beginning with "Back when dinosaurs ruled the earth . . ."
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Try working at Victoria's Secret. I worked in the call center for their catalogue. We used to get all kinds of perverts that called in.
                          Me: "Hello, welcome to Victoria's Secret, this is Sarah, how can I help you?"
                          Perv: "Heh - heh - what color panties are you wearing?"
                          Me:*sigh* "We don't answer personal questions, sir, would you like to place an order?"
                          Perv: "I'd like to know what kind of panties you got on."
                          Me: "Sir, I can help you with an order, otherwise I will have to disconnect the call."
                          Perv: "Heh, heh - "
                          Click.

The worst one was one day I had this lady. YES A LADY. (all the pervs I ever got except this one were guys, understandably) She was calling in, asking about the different panties we have. We have a bunch of different collections, and they are all a little different, so I was explaining the differences. Doing that is always a little annoying, but I can understand wanting to know what the differences are. So, I was talking to her for probably half and hour, and then the conversation turns to "what collection to you like?" Which in some instances, I will not answer because guys are just being pigs, but this was a woman, and I could see wanting to know someone else's opinion. So we talk some more about more specific styles and then the conversation takes a turn for pervertedness. She asks me what color panties I had on. I choked. I was like "uh...uh...pink." (I couldn't make myself not answer because my brain didn't want to to think this lady was being a pervert) and then she hung up! OHMYGOD! After that I was scheduled for my lunch break, so I had stopped my incoming calls. I just sat there for like five minutes with my mouth open and then walked to the lunch room like a zombie. I couldn't believe it!
                          "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
                          "Red."
                          "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
                          "RED!"
                          "..."

Comment

Working...
                          X