This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just don't get it!

After doing this for 8 years, you think I would quit trying. If I offer them a better value they get all pissy, but oh man if I happen to forget to ring up the sale price! Sometimes I feel like damned if I do, damned if I don't.

M=Me, the nice manager trying to save you a buck
    SC=Sucky Customer
    SCF=Sucky customer's friend

M- "Would you like to get the $4.29 meal deal with your sandwich today."
    SC-"No I just want the medium drink."
    M-"That comes to $5.69 with tax. You could make it a meal and add a side and it will only be $4.59 with tax. You save over a dollar plus you get a side item (chips, 2 cookies, apples or raisins)"
    SC-"I SAID I JUST WANT A DRINK."
    M-"That will be $5.69."

Stupid idiot. Why would you not want to save money and get more. I bet your the same idiot that bitches about our prices.

M-"So you have a footlong turkey and a footlong ham?"
    SC-"I have a coupon for 2 footlongs for $9.99." throws the coupon on the counter.
    M-"Our Sunday special is 2 footlongs for $8.99, so just hang on to your coupon." Hands her the coupon back.
    SC-"What? You won't let me use my coupon?"
    M-"Ma'am, the Sunday special is 2 footlongs for $8.99. So it would be better if I let you save it for a visit during the week, so you can save money twice."
    SC-turns to her friend "Marge, they won't take our coupons here!"
    M-WTF "Ma'am, I will accept your coupon, but it is actually less expensive for you if I just gave you the Sunday special."
    SC-"NO! I want to use my coupon" throws the coupon back on the counter.
    M-"That will be $10.69." Grabs her bag and heads for the door.
    SCF-"I have 2 footlongs too, and you better take my coupon"
    M-"Of course ma'am, that will be $10.69"

Stupid, stupid, stupid! I

M-"Would you like to make that a meal today, ma'am"
    SC-"Sure"
    M-"That will be $5.69"
    SC-"What, are you trying to rip me off??? That's the special today! Jesus, I spend enough money here and you are trying to rip me off!"
    M-"Oops, sorry about that, you are right, that is our special today. I'm sorry. That will be $4.59."

... omg... flash backs.... *huddles in the corner and rocks back and forth* no mommy dont make me

Comment

Hey, if they're too stupid to listen to you and save money, they deserve to spend more. Call it an Idiot Tax if you like.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
        Hey, if they're too stupid to listen to you and save money, they deserve to spend more. Call it an Idiot Tax if you like.
        Ah idiot taxes If only I worked on commision, think of all the pretty pretty shoes that would buy.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

At my supermarket we have deal on a medium coffee and a a choice of a dough nut or bagel for one price and a side of a muffin or pastry for another. Muffins cost more than bagels, etc. A guy come up to my counter with a medium coffee and a muffin, so i ring up cheaper deal. He notices this, has me void it off, and ring them in separate. He sais it is not fair to the customer that we offer deals and tell me to "never do that again to another customer" This is the same asshat who complains that other items are too expensive, such as steak.

Comment

In defense of the first guy, I have on occasion paid more for less. Even though I could pay less and get more food, if I'm not hungry enough for it and it will just go to waste. I'd rather just pay the small bit extra and not be wasteful.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
              In defense of the first guy, I have on occasion paid more for less. Even though I could pay less and get more food, if I'm not hungry enough for it and it will just go to waste. I'd rather just pay the small bit extra and not be wasteful.
              Except I wouldn't get all pissey like the first guy. Just a simple "not today."

Comment

Some places I could understand, but this is Subway, and prepackaged single serving bags of chips are an option. You could throw those in the glovebox, just in case you got stranded somewhere for hours, you would at least have a snack. Or take em to work, and leave somewhere for someone to take. It is not a time/temperature sensitive side.
                The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Ugh... it's PAINFUL when they don't listen. You're explaining everything to them, but they're only processing something like 1 word in 4... like you're speaking a different language. They latch onto the concept of what they want: Sub and drink, or Sub with coupon, and their brains refuse to process any other result, such as cheaper sub with drink and chips, or cheaper sub without coupon. It just astounds me how efficiently people like this can filter out additional inputs once their minds are set.

Not that it's really a big deal, but for those of us with higher brain functions, the urge is to drag them aside and bang this concept into their heads until it finally dawns on them, because we just can't handle the concept of people being that oblivious.
                  Check out my webcomic!

Comment

*reads first* I could pay less, and get what I want, plus COOKIES.

GOD YES GIMME THE COOKIES.

So far as the second one.

*turns sideways, looks again*

*turns upside down, looks again*

Nope, no matter how you look at it, it still doesn't make sense.
                    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                      Except I wouldn't get all pissey like the first guy. Just a simple "not today."
                      Agreed, that guy in the first scenario was an ass. I go to Subway often (I /love/ the Buffalo Chicken sub...), and sometimes, I don't want chips or cookies, just a sandwhich and a drink. I have people offer to make it a meal, I simply decline with a 'No thank you'. That's all that is necessary.
                      A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Yeah...this tends to happen more with older people too.

Jeez..I remember what an absolute nightmare 2-4-1 ribs were after the restaurant I worked for started sending out coupons. ::shudders::
                        www.myspace.com/queenofevrything

Comment

excuss me a little box of raises for paying less? so worth it!

Comment

Working...
                          X