This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything's My Fault Apparently

We had a public holiday today for the Gold Coast show and because of this our store hours change which are clearly marked on the doors and windows and on every checkout. Our hours today were 9am-6pm instead of the normal 8am-9pm.

I started work at 8am to get the service area ready for the day and as i was letting myself into the store i had idiots practically running up to the doors trying to get in and me having to boot them out telling them we're not open for another hour. I then get yelled at by said idiots because they don't like our store hours for the day and blame me personally for it Here's lifelines' number, tell someone who cares.

Another lovely lady today bitches at me because we are out of soda stream gas bottles, she told me i needed to change MY policy because she hasn't been able to get them for sooo long, To bad love, we haven't been able to get them from our supplier so if they can't get the bottles, they can't give them to us, get over it.

I then get about 60 calls during my 4 hour shift asking if we're open and even had one person ask me if (competitor) was open today. Seriously, why would you call one store to ask if a rival store is open? Why not go and call them dumbarse.

I hate public holidays, but love the money, i can't turn down $42.50 an hour.

Quoth Chained to the counter View Post
    You get 42.50/hour?! Working retail?? *mutters in shock and envy*
    Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Even at DOUBLE time, that puts your normal hourly at $21.25 per hour. What the HELL do you do in front-line retail to earn that much?

Joe

Comment

Hey, some places do make that much I sold my soul to Microsoft for a very pretty penny...and the insurance you get is pretty nice too!

Comment

i can't turn down $42.50 an hour.
          Holy biscuit.

Excuse me while I rant, rave, cry and in extreme jealousy.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Suddenly, I feel like I should've held out longer... instead of selling out to my job for $14/h.

Comment

I used to get double time and a half for a couple of holidays a year when I worked at Nordstrom. Then they changed that. Some employers pay triple time for holidays.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

It's double time and a half, I normally make $17 per hour

Comment

Double time and a half?!?! Holy mackerel! Where do you live? I get time and a half on holidays (California, USA).

Joe

Comment

The KFC in KY I worked at (over three years hence) did away entirely with paid holidays. I was never so glad to have the owner arrested for dealing crack.

...and that was at 5.15 an hour... T_T
                    Purveyor of all chickeny goodness, and chicken ninja of the highest grade!
                    "With it's indiscriminate slaughter of organic tissue, nothing can survive." - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Can I work there, too? Please? I'll be on my best behavior all the time!!
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                      X