This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding the Dragon Tube

I swear one caller made my night last night..

Pack Mentality
    ( For reference, Granville is the busiest foot traffic street in Vancouver. They're doing construction on one part of it and they had to close off half of the sideway on each side. Making it fairly narrow... )

Don't you hate it when some wilderbeast herd of subconscious ass miners is standing RIGHT in the way of foot traffic? IE a pack of morons on Granville blocking half that narrow stretch of sidewalk ( Because of the construction ). Oh, and they're standing there complaining about how the construction is taking up half the sidewalk. and there's no room. Argh…..how do you people even reach adulthood? At least half of you should have been picked off by wolves by now.

Magical Journey

Me: "and what airline were you on?"
    SC: "…..uh……that is…..er……I…..um...."

Ok, lemme try and phrase this a bit better: What did it say on the side of the magic flying steel dragon tube that whisked you here from faraway lands?

Time Travel

Caller ID: "2010"

Wow, a phone call from the FUTURE! What does the future sound like you ask? Kind of like someone ringing a fire alarm from the bottom of a well. Then it hung up.

The future hung up on me. That can't be a good omen.

Jerktard

Alarm station calls, building fire alarm is going off, fire depts there. Stuff is burning. So I try to get a hold of the building manager for the property.....you know, the guy that's on call for emergencies.

SO: "<line picks up, I hear assorted sounds of someone rummaging around.>"
    Me: "……..<I patiently wait for a "hello">"
    SC: "…..<click>"

……did you just hang up on me? Lets try that again…..( Lesbian super powers ACTIVATE! )

SO: "<line picks up>"
    Me: "…….hel-"
    SC: "<click>"

Oh no you didn't. You blistering ass cheek. You're not getting away that easy.

SO: "<line picks up>…HELLO!?"
    Me: "Hi, Gravekeeper from <my company> here!"

You will take your message and you will LIKE it you lazy bastard. Even if I have to shove it down your throat while humming Knights of Cydonia. Get the $@^& up and do your job. You remember that right? The thing they're paying you for? Yeah, that.

But wait, there's more!

Rimjob the Slackjawed took down all the info I gave him. Told me he'd take care of it. Then went back to %*@^ing bed. You *asshat*. I have every tenant in the building calling me because the alarms are going off. I have the security guards on site calling me. I have the alarm company calling me. I have the fire dept calling me and I've been telling ALL of them that I notified you and you would be getting on scene shortly to deal with it.

After 20 minutes of this I should not have to go "Wait a second.....he didn't....did he?" and call you again to babysit you and make sure you do your farkin' job! You get paid more then I do. GET THE HELL UP, your customers are on fire.

<pant pant>

Politics

I've gotten a couple calls now on random lines trying to get me to "Vote for x" in the 2008 presidential election. Then it hangs up right away after telling me to vote. I can't quite make out who it says to vote for though..it sounded like it started with a P. But whomever he is, he's a wanker. Having an automated recording call people at 1-4am? ( 4-7 on the east coast? ) telling them to vote for you? I don't think you've thought all the way through your cunning plan.

Wow

Caller: "We have a flood out here at <university dorm>. Someone got into the fire hose in the stairwell and now 20 units are flooded."

......someone either just won or lost a bet.

20 units? Wow. What were they doing? Just knocking on people's doors at random then telling them they get to drink from the fire hose?

( Brownie points as always....easy ones too. )

Made My Night
    ( It was hard not to laugh....really hard....this is a US embassy sort of line... )

SC: "Yeah, I'm an American citizen in Canada and I'm being detained on false accusations!"

Suuuure you are, and DUIs are "unfair" because you only had a few beers, right?"

SC: "They're charging me with domestic assault because a Canadian bit me!"

….hahahahahaha, wait, what?

SC: "Actually it was my fiancé-"

hahahahaha, do go on.

SC: "Well, my ex-fiancé now."

Let me get this straight. You came up to visit your Canadian fiancee's in-laws, did something stupid, got into a fight, she bit you and had you arrested.....and now the weddings off?

Ahahahahahahahahahha!

You made my night. Thank you. Have a cookie.

( Yeah, I'm a jerk. )

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
    Magical Journey

Me: "and what airline were you on?"
    SC: "…..uh……that is…..er……I…..um...."

Ok, lemme try and phrase this a bit better: What did it say on the side of the magic flying steel dragon tube that whisked you here from faraway lands?
    Perhaps it was a magic carpet or out of body experience.

Time Travel

Caller ID: "2010"

Wow, a phone call from the FUTURE! What does the future sound like you ask? Kind of like someone ringing a fire alarm from the bottom of a well. Then it hung up.

The future hung up on me. That can't be a good omen.
    It wasn't the future. It was a fangirl. Not me, though. My cellphone and I aren't getting along right now.

( Yeah, I'm a jerk. )
    I don't believe that.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

20 units? Wow. What were they doing? Just knocking on people's doors at random then telling them they get to drink from the fire hose?

( Brownie points as always....easy ones too. )
      Stanley Spadowski's clubhouse, Vidiot from UHF, Wierd Al Yankovic.

I want my brownie points!
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

SC: "They're charging me with domestic assault because a Canadian bit me!"

Let me get this straight. You came up to visit your Canadian fiancee's in-laws, did something stupid, got into a fight, she bit you and had you arrested.....and now the weddings off?

Ahahahahahahahahahha!

You made my night. Thank you. Have a cookie.
        I hope she was vaccinated against stupidity before she bit him.

( Yeah, I'm a jerk. )
        but... we love you for it.
        Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

……did you just hang up on me? Lets try that again…..( Lesbian super powers ACTIVATE! )
          One of the great tragedies of the universe is that we guys don't get those GK. We are unfortunately equipped with that one thing that lesbians, and even some straight women, simply cannot abide. The one thing that, were they to find themselves equipped with it, would cause their super powers to shrivel up and die, leaving them nothing left in life but to sit on the couch on Sundays watching mediocre sporting events.

I am, of course, speaking of backhair.

.. Wait, you thought I meant something else?
          Check out my webcomic!

Comment

GK unless you want me to make those 'alterations' you get no lesbian powers.

Comment

Even if I have to shove it down your throat while humming Knights of Cydonia.
              Muse FTW!!!!!

If you ever get a chance to see them live, GO! Don't think twice about it, just GO! Best concerts I've ever been to.
              Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
              Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
              The Office

Comment

I didn't even know I had super powers! Anyone know how I can activate them, cause we're closed tomorrow (for Labor Day) and I just know I'm gonna need them for the SCs I get today. Plus, another branch is closed for renovations and we're getting all of their SCs until they reopen. And they're very needy/chatty and I'm just so tired.
                I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  Stanley Spadowski's clubhouse, Vidiot from UHF, Wierd Al Yankovic.

I want my brownie points!
                  Command and conquer! :P
                  Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
                  Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

At least half of you should have been picked off by wolves by now.
                    That's the problem, not enough wolves to cull the herd.

Politics

I've gotten a couple calls now on random lines trying to get me to "Vote for x" in the 2008 presidential election. Having an automated recording call people at 1-4am? ( 4-7 on the east coast? ) telling them to vote for you? I don't think you've thought all the way through your cunning plan.
                    In the U.S., political groups were doing that same thing, but the messages would tell you to vote for the other side. The idea being, you'd be so pissed off at wanker calling you at 3:00 a.m., that you would vote for the candidate who was actually making the calls. (They're all wankers.)

Wow

Caller: "We have a flood out here at <university dorm>. Someone got into the fire hose in the stairwell and now 20 units are flooded."
                    That's been happening at regular schools in our area. Kids are breaking in, then turning the fire hose on and flooding the buildings, usually just before returning from a school holiday. Little bastards.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Typically, I find Canadians to be the most docile of North American breeds. It takes a lot to get one to bite.
                      I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
                        Typically, I find Canadians to be the most docile of North American breeds. It takes a lot to get one to bite.
                        You and I obviously know completely different Canadians.

*pokes Writer Cath with a stick*
                        "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Quoth Foxglove8778 View Post
                          I hope she was vaccinated against stupidity before she bit him.
                          I doubt it. Stupidity is a sexually transmitted disease.

and Gravekeeper has accumulated yet another fangirl. *sigh* what am i gonna tell my husband?
                          Last edited by Ree; 09-01-2007, 12:43 PM. Reason: Fixing quote tags
                          =^..^= AKAThePoof
                          my alter ego is my cat

Comment

Quoth Ill_Used_Heroine View Post
                            I didn't even know I had super powers! Anyone know how I can activate them, cause we're closed tomorrow (for Labor Day) and I just know I'm gonna need them for the SCs I get today. Plus, another branch is closed for renovations and we're getting all of their SCs until they reopen. And they're very needy/chatty and I'm just so tired.
                            well i believe part of it is low cute shirts and makeout seasons....
                            Oh and the 'sweet voice'!!

Comment

So someone called saying "vote for x" and it sounded like P?
                              P....x....

ZOMG CHI-RHO
                              ZOMG SECOND COMING
                              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
                              X