This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it so "ridiculous"?......

Why is it that I am hating this word? I have had atleast 10 people tell me that $69 for a room with a king size is just "ridiculous". Do they even bother to ask what other amenities are included? Free internet, pool, free breakfast, its all there, but do they care? NO!
    Its okay to say, "Okay thanks", but, "ridiculous", why is that even a response? Am I saying $69 wrong? Are they hearing $1,237,069.00? That must be it.

Quoth slick View Post
    Why is it that I am hating this word? I have had atleast 10 people tell me that $69 for a room with a king size is just "ridiculous". Do they even bother to ask what other amenities are included? Free internet, pool, free breakfast, its all there, but do they care? NO!
    Maybe it's not the price itself, but "69"? Oh, sorry, I'll take my dirty mind back to the sewer where it belongs.
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Tell them to come to Hawaii for a hotel room. $69 won't seem so ridiculous then! I don't think there's ANY hotel rooms for under $150 a night. Even the dumps charge that much!
      I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

I once drove cross-country, spendin a total of 8 nights in motels on the round trip. I spent a total of about $420 for those 8 nights accomodation which breaks down to $52.50 per night. Actually pretty cheap by today's standards, but my trip was in 1978. Even though I haven't stayed in a motel recently, $69 a night seems like a pretty good rate and not at all rediculous. Rediculous would be Motel 6 charging $200 a night.
        This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

$69 for a night? That's a freakin' bargin.
          Happily free of Kwik Trip!

Comment

Quoth slick View Post
            Why is it that I am hating this word?
            It's the only word sucky customers know:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...16&postcount=4

My thought on the subject.

Comment

People are saying "ridiculous" for a $69 room???

They better mean ridiculously low.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

69 is great

I travel quite a bit... ANd while I try to avoid the H6 etc.. $69.00 is a great price. I can't remember the last time I got a rate below that.. Maybe they are still in 1995.
                Eben56
                If ultimately you let the people that fuck you over decide your attitude then they won.

Comment

Ohhhh, I friggin' hate that word, I hear it at least 3 times a night!

I get so tired of hearing it. Yes, it is ridiculous that we want to protect your credit card. It is ridiculous that we ask you to stay on the phone for an extra 3 minutes so we can make sure it's you using your card and not someone else. You're in a terribly important hurry, and this delay is just ridiculous beyond all measure. This process is ridiculous and we are a ridiculous company for subjecting you to this horrible time wasting ridiculous procedure. It's...it's...it's just ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!!! Now give me my minutes now before I blow a gasket and destroy this ridiculous cell phone when my poor traumatized head explodes!!!!!

Sorry. Rant over.
                  Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Each time you get one of these you want to ask them:

"Really? How much do you charge for a room in the hotel you run? Oh, you dont run one?"

"Imagine that."

Comment

I know that the hotels I stayed in on my summer trip were all less then that but only because I used Hotwire and got $100.00 rooms for $30.00 to $50.00 a night. But then again I didn't got for 5 stars or anything Really never got more then a 3 star.

I hate it when customers use that word and I only deal with email customers. They always use all caps when doing it.

Comment

Ridiculous prices

My mom who is one of the worse sucker customers out there is finding out the real meaning of 'ridiculous prices' as she tries to buy a smaller house. So far every house according to her is in terrible shape or the owners want a ridiculous price for the home.

So far this is just back-firing on her. One place she found was just perfect but of-course it had a 'ridiculous price', however instead of coming down the owner has just taken the house of the market and will put it back up for sale next year in the spring.

The other perfect place she found just this week, but when she called her broker to insist on making a lower offer her broker instead told her the house was now already sold at full price asked.

I think my mom is in for a long wait, Canada does not have the housing crisis that the US is facing and demand remains high. If she wants that smaller place she is going to have to pay that 'ridiculous price' sooner or later.

Comment

Quoth Nick View Post
                          $69 for a night? That's a freakin' bargin.
                          No kidding! When I travel to Maine to see my mother's family, I lucky to get a room for any amount under $100 a night.
                          "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
                          ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Damn, my hotel is going to cost me ~$330 (after tax) for 2 nights next weekend in Newport, Rhode Island (well, Middetown but that's the next town over, apparently). That's for the Travelodge. The Marriot was $215 for one night, plus tax. I saw nicer hotels for upwards of $3-400 a night and even one that was $795. I'll take 69 bucks any day!

**oh, and I booked it back in March...I imagine if there's a room to be had in Newport next weekend (and there probably isn't) it's gonna be even more...
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Just a little tidbit for the Princess Bride fans out there:

SC: "Sixty-Nine Dollars a night?!? Ridiculous!"
                              Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
                              ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                              And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                              X