This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Front Counter Manager....

I just transferred to our store in Prescott, AZ from my old Albuquerque store... yikes. Just about everyone, save maybe 5 people, are literally brand new. Normally, I'd consider this to be a good thing, so that I can beat the right ideas into their heads.... not so much here.

I had a guest who didn't have his ID. I told him it's a company policy -- no id, no rental. "Would I walk over a mile to get here, and be paying late fees, on an account that isn't mine?" I told him I didn't really care, that it's a company policy, and I refused to rent.

"I want to talk to a manager"

Okay... I go to get my manager, J. He has been with the company probably 3 weeks. His nametag is still 'in training'. In the office, I tell him "don't cave to this guy, he's being a dick. refuse the rental'

Which he didn't do.

I can NOT stand it when a manager won't back someone up, especially on COMPANY POLICY!!!

As an aside... apparently at this store, not showing ID has become the standard. People are taking comment cards (that go to the president) all the time from my line, with the intention of complaining that I'm forcing them to show ID. My store manager has no problem with this, because what can corporate do when I'm getting negative comment cards for upholding company policy?

Maybe this is because I'm coming from a town of 600,000+ people, 5 of our stores, and one of the highest theft rates in the entire chain...... This store is the only one in a town of 40,000 with incredibly low shrink numbers. That doesn't change my attitude... as far as I'm concerned, the ones who whine about showing ID are the ones that are up to something.

Of course, when all the creeps realize that this new store is a great place from which to steal, this same newbie manager J will be enforcing the ID policy as if it was all his idea in the first place. Sometimes you just can't win.

Comment

Somebody needs to get that new front counter manager a spine.

Comment

Working...
      X