This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's 10:57- Don't get cute with me

We close at 11 on Sundays. It had been rather uneventul.
    I was looking at getting out ON TIME for once

Then....they came in

two gentleman that saunter in at 3 minutes til 11. Fine, whatever. They can only do carryout,and I'm hoping PRAYING they will be an easy order
    no.

no

NO

They order two Large Pans- fine. I have some pre sauced and cheesed.

Veggie lovers- again, no biggie- it's a kind of an easy pizza because I don't have to measure anything.

Then they get cute with the substitutions.
    1/2 no this
    1/2 no that
    substitute q for a y

By this time it's 11. We are closed. My drivers are gone for the night. So it's me and THEM.

I start the pizzas...all seems to be going well. I finish them. Their talking to each other, not in English. So I've tuned them out. I'm counting sodas, and working on settling the credit cards. It's all I can really do, until they leave. Then I tune back in beause I start to hear English again.

Man A wants to tell me why he's come so late- I don't want an explanation. I want to finish cleaning. But I can't just leave now.I'm too f-in polite for my own good. Then it comes out that they got stuck in traffic from a 2 hour away beach and just made it. Complete with that sickly "I win" grin. Oh boy. Now you've made me mad. They had to have gone on a highway....with a ton of other places to stop and get food. That would still be open and happy to have your buisness. My store isn't even that close to a main exit.

At the very least, if your going to insist on coming in 3 minutes to close, and order something with a bunch of substitutions, don't interupt me with your reasons for being so much of a jerk and keep me from trying to finish as much as I can, so I'm not stuck here any longer that I have to be.

And don't be surprised that I don't sound sincere when I say "Thank You"

And be extremly glad the counter has a really high thing on the front of it so you can't see me flick you off.
    Yes- I'm the supervisor today
    Yes I'm young
    Get Over It.....and have a nice day
Working...
X