This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Disconnected Screamer

So I get a call today, and the lady's already revved up. OK, we were busy as hell for some reason and the queues were through the roof so I figure she's just pissed from stewing on hold. While doing my initial glance at the main screen to get some clues on what's in store for me I notice two things:

1. Her balance is 75 days past due.
    2. Because of that, she's been disconnected at the pole.

These details will become important later.

So the deal is, tech went to the house to pull the plug and the lady flips out because she just mailed in her payment earlier that day (which was dumb since it takes 5-7 business days to post to the account, but it ended up not mattering). After some back and forth with the tech where she was trying to beg, barter, and/or scream her way into keeping her service on; it all came down to no money = tech pulls the plug. Customer calls in and screams at random phone rep who apparently told her someone would call back (not noted on the account, but again it ended up not mattering).

Now the really amazing part is this lady was able to run to the Post Office and intercept the check out of the mailman's bag before he put it in the pile to be processed. Apparently her town has the World's Slowest Mailman for her to be able to do that, but I guess you do what you gotta do to get that Spongebob fix. This made her late to her son's football game which only added to her fury.

Fast forward to about 2 hours later from the initial hilarity and she's calling in to me. She's OUTRAGED that no one called her back and she's DEMANDING that someone come out NOW NOW NOW because she knows the techs work til 8pm (this is at like 7:45 so there's no effing way anyone's getting there tonight) so WE BETTER BE THERE OR WE'LL LOSE HER AS A CUSTOMER. Now that's where I start to lose the ability to keep from being a smartass, since if you recall, she's already been disconnected and as such already lost to us as a customer. She's going nuts over a line of retarded marketing-speak on our bills where it says to "Demand More" from our company and she's going on how she expected more from us than to disconnect her like that. My snark shields momentarily failed as I mentioned we expected more from her than letting her bill fall 75 days behind, and of course she demanded to speak to a supervisor. I politely explained I would have to leave a message for a supervisor to call her back (which is true since we had about 100 calls in queue, but the screamers never believe it ). She then delivers the ultimatum to me that we have FIFTEEN MINUTES to follow her demands or she's going to satellite, and we're going to lose a great customer like her. I simply respond by pointing out that since her service with us has already been disconnected, she's free to go with one of our competitors if that's what she decides to do. More screaming follows and she's stuck in that wonderful SC infinite loop where they think endless repetition of their dumbshittery is going to make it happen. I have to execute a combo breaker to get a word in edgewise and inform her I will certainly leave a message with a supervisor, but there's no way we can fulfill her request in the timeframe demanded. We'd be more than willing to restart her service if she pays the past due + reconnect fees.

So in short, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day Ma'am!

I SAID GOOD DAY!@!
    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Quoth CancelMyService View Post

I SAID GOOD DAY!@!
    "You STOLE fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling, which now has to be WASHED and STERILIZED!"

Classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory line. How I wish I could tell people off like that. Perhaps when my wife and I finally open that bookstore we've been dreaming about...
    I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
    - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
    - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
      Classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory line.
      Er? No, that'd be Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was the one with Johnny Depp. The reason for the title difference? The original movie was too different from Roald Dahl's original story, so he refused to sign on to it as a true adaptation.
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
        Er? No, that'd be Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was the one with Johnny Depp. The reason for the title difference? The original movie was too different from Roald Dahl's original story, so he refused to sign on to it as a true adaptation.
        Whoops. I stand corrected. You are right, of course. I knew the difference between the two existed, but I had them reversed in my mind.

It's still a good line, though.
        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
        - IPF

Comment

I SAID GOOD DAY!@!
          .... i was thinking more like hannah montana.
          Good day daddy. I SAID GOOD DAY!

Comment

and I was thinking Fez from That 70s Show *blush* I've only seen Willy Wonka once, so that line didn't freeze in my brain LOL
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
              It's still a good line, though.
              Very true.
              And I had to double check IMDB to make sure I had the titles right in my head, too. I did, but I had that moment of doubt, and had to make absolutely sure.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                The reason for the title difference? The original movie was too different from Roald Dahl's original story, so he refused to sign on to it as a true adaptation.
                Really? I heard that the title change came up because the movie came out during Vietnam, when the term "Charlie" was concidered an impolite slur against Vietnamese. However, I go to Wikipedia to confirm this, and I find:

Quoth Wikipedia
                The title of the film was changed from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory to further promote the chocolate bars being marketed by the film.
                However, since Quaker Oats couldn't formulate a good enough chocolate bar, no "Wonka Bar" (as it was to be called) was ever released, hurting box office sales.
                I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Which is too bad, because wonka bars exist now, and they're REALLY good!
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

http://youlose.ytmnd.com/

Had to do it....I'm sorry
                    "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Am I the only one who thought of Mortal Kombat when I saw the phrase "combo breaker?"
                      MySpace

Comment

Nope. Like your avvie, BTW. It's very true in this house.
                        Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth KnitShoni View Post
                          Am I the only one who thought of Mortal Kombat when I saw the phrase "combo breaker?"
                          It's actually from Killer Instinct, one of the 6978789798 MK clones that came out during Mortal Kombat's heyday.

Pretty much the best thing that came from it was the announcer going "C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!@!@"
                          "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

It's actually from Killer Instinct, one of the 6978789798 MK clones that came out during Mortal Kombat's heyday.

Pretty much the best thing that came from it was the announcer going "C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!@!@"
                            The difference between KI and all the rest of the clones (barring Tekken*) was that it made money. It was annoying how the fighting crowd always wanted you to have each and every one of the latest and greatest games, which would make us a killer amount of money... for all of six weeks, when the newest "latest and greatest" would come out. but try to convince the gotta gotta gotta get the newest crowd that it wouldn't make its money back and you just couldn't get through to them.

Bloodhype was the worst. "Bloodiest video game out there! Gotta get it man!" The problem was that Bloodhype sucked. Including the graphics. I don't care if it has the most blood, it just doesn't even begin to look real.

* And Virtua Fighter, but that one came out so close to MK that I'm not going to call it a clone.

Comment

I love when people that get disconnected for non payment think they are such great customers. I get alot of "Why is going to take 3 business days to reactivate my internet?!" So many times I've wanted to reply, "Why did it take you 3 months to pay your bill?" They think we will lose money from losing them as a customer when it will actually save us money.

Comment

Working...
                              X