This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descent to Maddness

End of last year I was given a new medication, one my Mom knew well and was warry of. In her it had caused physical problems while not quite doing what is was made to do. A few times it was mentioned to me that I had changed but no one could quite put their finger on how.

It had been little things. I was becoming more compulsive over some things and lashing out angerly at others. Becoming overly emotional at weird times and then being almost emotionless. At this time I think my relationships with everyone I talked to began to change as well, several not for the better.

Then in April my medication was upped by double because it wasn't doing what it was supposed to. My BP was still high. Not that high mind you but higher then what is supposed to be normal. Relationships began to turn sour at a faster rate and nightmares I pushed off before we're becoming worst. I was starting to hear a voice with it too. Never multiple voices but always one that constantly made everything I did worse. Even if I had done nothing wrong.

I tried pushing this away, I couldn't let something take controll of me but it did, more and more. It was like the hissing of the snake. Work became harder to do because a snide remark would cut more and deeper. My emotions were everywhere and I was having the fears I had when I was a child coming back.

Then my eldest dog passed away. The one who used me as a pillow and the one who accepted my boyfriend, now ex, with out a second thought. He had helped me build a barrier to these thoughts and my protector was now gone.

I had left the next day for a planned trip to see the love of my life and I left on a heavy heart. Hearing the voice in my head that it was all my fault my dog was gone. It was my fault all me. I tried to hide this but I know it didn't work.

While I was around people the voice was quieter because I could ignore it easier but when I was alone it bothered me. I didn't clean that dish well enough, you know she would have this apartment clean already, you know she could make him better meals, she could always make sure he never had dirty clothes, she would always make him happy. The thing was I didn't know who the she was. It was never placed to anyone and I had started to become a bit more obsessed with needing to make things perfect.

Then the day came where I woke from
    A nightmare into another nightmare and I felt trapped. I couldn't get out and through txt messages I scared the one I loved completely. He rushed home and I was able to cry but still I felt like I wasn't enough. I wasn't good enough for him and couldn't tell him what was going on. I didn't want to be pushed away and called crazy.

The vacation had ended with my mind going even weirder and my body going through ailments I couldn't understand. I was getting sicker mentally and physically. I could hear myself say something and then wonder why I said it, then it came about...the hammer had fallen and I was suddenly single. My world felt like it was over. The voice had won.

a week later and a new surprise had hit me. I was pregnant...I only had this info for a very short amount of time tho. As I had then miscarried...the baby would have been born in January... This broke me some more and I sought consul.

When I had found someone I thought she was a god send. But she very quickly turned to be poison and things became worse still. Suicide was on my mind constantly now. And here is someone saying that I'm just going to have to pull myself up. Depression isn't real.

Relationships became more strained then. More and more I was doing more harm to the fragile bonds I had left. I was having more cracks appear.

I found out after I got dumped by this woman that she wasn't even licensed a kid just out of college and not even just out with a doctorate. Her and her partner caused a lot of trouble but most of us ate laying low right now. We don't want to bf blamed for what they did.

It was then that I found out what one of my medications can do as a side affect. And at first that was some relief. I'm not crazy I just have a chemicals problem. But the wall I had to protect myself from my PTSD was gone and that added with what I had...didn't help.

I started to have physical problems then. Bad ones that were in the realms of call 912 I think I'm having a heart attack. But I couldn't call because of that voice taunting me. I finally then called one of my doctors offices.

I told them what was going on and the nurse kept giving me looks of concern. Finally a doctor I had never seen before came in. I was told my BP was just too high, lose some weight, and she doubled my med. I could barley handle 5 and here I was now being put on 20? My concerns for the side effects were brushed to the side.

Last night I damaged more of the bonds I have...a few to the unrepairable stage.

Today I called into my mail order pharmacy and have the pharmacist there my concerns. In clinical trials they had people fall into this madness but it was a rare number and was from those twice my age. She recommended calling my doctor. Who amazingly enough his office was calling me when I had gotten off the phone with the pharmacist. I have a private, after hours, appointment with a doc who has been more of a primary then my primary doctors office.

Hoping that now...I can be me again and this voice that bugs me every waking moment of the day will be finally silenced.

In short...folks if you notice someone changing after a new med...say something to them. Don't be witness to the hell I've been going through alone.

Holy hell.

Definitely be careful with new meds. No matter how innocuous they seem, be sure to check every possibly side effect and bring up any concerns with your doctor. And if he brushes you off, then get a new doctor and file a notice about your concerns with the relevant body about the first, especially if the new one finds that there is an issue.

And any doctor that goes straight to the "X is bad, so it's obviously your problem" while ignoring all other factors is a douchebag that deserves to be investigated for malpractice. My mother had one of those who blamed her viral bronchitis on the fact that she smoked and refused to write a prescription; all that without a single test and ignoring the fact that half of her office had the same problem and none of the rest were smokers.

Hopefully, once you're off that med your system will get as close to back to normal as you were before being put on it and you can get to the process of mending fences.

Good luck.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Jeez louise, Aethian! D: <big hugs>

Andara's right. Your doctor is a grade a dirtbag. What a scumsucker, not even checking into something like this!

I'll be praying for you, hun. And if you ever need to talk or anything...PM me. I'll do what I can. =) <big hugs again>
      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

If you need to talk, you have my number, please don't hesitate to call.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I had to de-lurk for this: (((HUGS)))
          Fingers crossed that things will stabilize for you.

Comment

Andara's comment is right. Holy Hell.

This is why I'm terrified anytime my doctor suggests a new medication. Thankfully, she's awesome and doesn't do it that often, and listens when I say I'm having possible side effects. If your doctor isn't going to listen to you, find one that will.

*hugs* Hopefully the docs can figure out something that works for the bp and doesn't throw you for a loop.
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

The problem with the side effect it didn't come out till I was on the phone with the ex telling him how and why I was going to do it. Namely my thought of failure as a girlfriend and my failure to keep the pregnancy. Those fed straight into the mental trauma caused by my Father growing up.

When it got slowly traced back to when I first started taking the med...yea

Comment

Aethian, forgive me but I'm going to use your experience as a warning example:

Everyone: *madness is never your fault*. It's always the result of a chemical imbalance, anatomical issue, trauma, or ... something.

If you feel anything at all like what poor Aethian went through, please, PLEASE seek help. And if you don't get the help you need from the first professionals you see, keep looking. And find friends - us, for instance - who can encourage you to keep looking.

Aethian: for you, personally.... big 'net hugs, and I'm so, so glad your case can be so easily corrected. Now I just hope the harm done while you were mistreated and undiagnosed can be undone.

Big hugs.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                  Aethian: for you, personally.... big 'net hugs, and I'm so, so glad your case can be so easily corrected. Now I just hope the harm done while you were mistreated and undiagnosed can be undone.

Big hugs.
                  The only thing is, I don't know if it can be easily corrected. I felt with not only a fraud but also taking something I probably should have been pulled from months upon months ago. It doesn't help that I still hold major guilt for things that I shouldn't or at least am told I shouldn't.

I do know my diabetic doctor is seeing me a half hour after his office closes and when it's normally a 4-5month wait to see him...he's putting this as high priority.

But I've been keeping track of other numbers. This drug can also cause a few different organs to fail and I think that's what is causing some unusual numbers I have.

Wanted to add: even though I still miss him and the various thoughts of what could be and what was bring tears and smiles.... I'm glad he doesn't have to go through this with me. I may be very very lonely at times but at least I
                  Know now to walk alone on this and not try to use him as a support when all I was doing was hurting him more.

So yea...
                  Last edited by Aethian; 09-15-2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Update

Well it's kind of a update.

I saw a different doctor today, the one I saw a week ago was so far from helpful that I think she caused me more mental stress. The doctor I saw today has been my diabetic doctor since early 2006. When I first started seeing him I was at 347, A1C of 12.1, and was facing organ shut down.

Today under his eye I've gone to 255.2, A1C of 7.2 (still high I know), and only have worrying kidney numbers. So needless to say I trust him.

He had a assistant with him who is a fresh out of med school doctor who still needs to learn that people are complex. But he got a bit of ownage that I'll get to in a second. First thing was that he, the student, took my info and had to ask a few questions twice. He also pointed out that the tingling in my hands and wrists could be the start of carpel tunnel and that they can't handle that. He also said he didn't want to take me off the med I was complaining about. But if I really didn't want to take it he would see what they could do. I had started to get a bit discouraged then.

Finally Dr. V, the awesome, came in and gave me a half hug. He complimented me on my weight loss, and then sat there and listened to what all I had to say before putting anything into that lap top they have now. When his assistant started to interject to put his own spin on "life has been hard" he got a look that shut him right up. Dr V figured that yes things have been happening over a length of time and that yes I have been kicked down quite a few times. He also held me for a second while I started to cry when I got to the part of losing my pregnancy at 7 weeks. He told me he knows a psychiatrist that deals with PTSD as well as the women's center for those that have had miscarriages. So if she has openings I'll be able to get in and start getting help over those.

When his assistant again tried saying that their office really doesn't deal with such things, Dr V looked at him and said "You have to take life as a whole so that you can deal with your slice of it. Everything works together, not separate." So basically he got pwned.

He's changed all by one of my meds and I'll be going from 28 shots and 42 pills a week to 8 shots and 21 pills a week. Hopefully within a couple months I'll be down to 1 shot and 7 pills a week. That of course isn't counting my once a day bc pills since he didn't/won't touch those.

So while I'm mentally exhausted from breaking down in his office and for the first time getting held and told it will be okay...I'm going to grab some food and then curl up in bed. I can only hope that soon I'll be back to the bunny I was before everything went haywire with me.

Comment

I'm glad you're getting the help you need.
                      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Finally it seems you're getting back on track. I'm so sorry for everything you went through. The wrong medications can mess you up. I have my own story, though it's nothing compared to yours.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

*hugs Aethian*

I'm so sad you went through that! I'm so glad you're getting what you need from Dr. V.
                          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                          -----
                          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

It's awful the crap you've been through. But I am so glad your doctor is one of the good ones. I hope you continue to get better. *many many hugs*
                            Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                            Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I should update this shouldn't I?

I've been placed on two different vitamin pills that were showing to be almost non-existant in my blood. One that has been contributing to my hair falling out and another that has many different qualities connected to it.

My change in meds have been...eh. I haven't been having the major ups and downs I was having but I still do get lonely at night. I use to have someone I would talk to and watch shows with and now do to work, school, and not being in a relationship with me...doesn't do that anymore. However I've been thinking of looking for a job to do from home or a part time one to bring in extra monies. I just haven't figured out what yet. Would rather do something from home.

I'm on a waiting list to talk to a therepist about my PTSD and miscarriage. We'll see how long thats going to take.

So yea...thats all I got right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X