This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey lady, line starts HERE

Was in a Wendy's to grab some lunch this afternoon, and about 10 seconds after I got in line, some woman came across the room and took the place in-between me and the gentleman who was previously before me. I just stood there for a few seconds, maybe thinking she was with the guy in front of me, and then politely asked if that were so, and she said that she was in line, but got out of it because she was "claustrophobic". I didn't want to make a big deal out of it (and she did offer to let me go before her), but seriously, lady, lines exist for a reason...if you want to stand halfway across the dining area, that's your prerogative, but don't expect many people to be as understanding as I was.

And the "claustrophobia" shit was baffling to me, because, yes, the line was between a wall and a couple of empty booths, but really? That's the best excuse you could come up with?

Once I went to a pharmacy that wasn't quite open. I was the only customer, the employee behind the counter acknowledged me with a nod and kept on with their opening procedures. An older woman all dressed up with huge sunglasses waltzed in, walked right in front of me without a glance and stood there.

When the pharmacy opened, the employee who had seen me waved me over. Another employee came up to help Miss Fancy Pants, and I heard her say nastily, "You know I was here FIRST and HE took that other girl before me."

I smiled sweetly and said, "Actually ma'am, I was waiting when you walked up and you stepped in front of me. I guess you didn't see me."

Cue cat butt face to the max.

I am astonished by adults who can't understand the basic concept of waiting your turn and standing in line, when my preschooler is very capable of this.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Sometimes that happens to me, but I usually assume I've gone invisible. I mean, no lie, I've had sales clerks look right over my head and ask who's next, and then be startled when I say "I am."
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

The other day I got a glare when I told a lady there was one line. Yeah there was only a few of us, but when I walked up the line had been very long. Maybe it wasn't perfectly clear that each set of registers didn't have a separate line, but why in the world would we all be waiting for that one, and nobody be over on the other side? It's not like we were far apart. And of course after I said that, two registers opened so it didn't matter too much. Still. It was after I'd been on my feet for 9 hours. I'm not in the best of mood, and walking up like there are two lines? Not happening.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Reads tread title in Gene Shepard's voice from The Xmas Story.
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            Sometimes that happens to me, but I usually assume I've gone invisible. I mean, no lie, I've had sales clerks look right over my head and ask who's next, and then be startled when I say "I am."
            Did someone say something? 😊 could have sworn l heard a squeaking noise from waist height... 😅
            The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              I am astonished by adults who can't understand the basic concept of waiting your turn and standing in line, when my preschooler is very capable of this.
              It's because over the last few years, people have gotten completely oblivious to their surroundings or that there's anyone else in the stores with them.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
              X