This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round and round and round we ... aw, fuck it

I couldn't decide whether this belonged in Cursing out Coworkers or Morons in Management, so opted for here.

Had a customer come through my line today and we were talking about those reuseable produce bags. She was very interested in buying some and I said we did sell them. I'd seen packages of them at the end of one of the produce counters. But rather than give her vague directions (it's a very big store) and since I couldn't leave my cash register at that particular moment, I asked a couple of coworkers if they knew where the bags were.

I say "a couple of coworkers" ... because the first two or three said they didn't think we sold them. Yeah, we do. I've seen 'em.

Finally one said yes, we did have them, but I'd have to call Groceries to get further information.

I page Groceries. They call back.

They say those are not part of Groceries; they're part of Produce. Okay, that makes sense.

I page Produce. They call back.

They say those aren't part of Produce; they're part of Groceries.

Finally I see a supervisor-type person. I think maybe she can take the customer over to where they are, so I ask her for help. Whatever she was doing ... and it didn't appear to be much except talking to somebody else who actually WAS doing something ... she couldn't interrupt it to walk the customer over to the produce department.

Instead ... she told me to call Groceries ...

The customer had been very patient throughout all this, but finally opted to leave ... and buy her produce bags online.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

As someone formerly in the grocery department I can assure that anything that no one else wants to be bothered with belongs to Grocery.

Comment

Working...
    X