Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > General Work Chat

Old 08-01-2019, 01:42 AM
Front End Supervisor

I got 18 cement cinder blocks and a bunch of lumber in the back of my Suzuki Swift. My husband made me promise never to do that again because he feared I'd bust the shocks. Pffffft, it was riding fine...

Old 08-02-2019, 05:43 AM
Deluxe Lackey

Quote:
Quoth Food Lady View Post
Reminds me of Irv having to play Tetris with the customers' furniture. Glad you aren't the type to do that to them.

I had just moved into a new place and needed some new furniture when a house a couple of miles away sprouted furniture on its lawn. Stopped to ask, and the landlord said the previous tenant left the furniture behind and he was throwing it out.

The vehicles I had at the time were a 1985 Olds Delta 88 (lotsa passenger room but limited cargo space) and a 1989 Honda CRX (Surprisingly large cargo space, especially with the hatch open.

One trip with the dining room table, another with the chairs. Then there was a set of two bookshelves. Very tall bookshelves. Not a problem: new living room has high ceilings (from having been the garage). And of course I can fit 4-foot-wide shelves in the CRX.
Except the balance point of the shelves was past the edge of the car.

So I had to hold the front end down as I drove to prevent it tipping up and then sliding out of the car. And that was two trips because it was two book cases.