This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hubby and the lottery tickets

This is not about a sucky customer; it's just something funny.

Tonight was fairly slow, except for a few times when it got fast 'n' furious.

During one of the slow times, a woman came to the register next to mine to get ... lottery tickets.

Apparently her husband decided that MUST HAVE LOTTERY TICKETS TONIGHT. (Why? I have no idea. It's not a particularly mind-boggling pot.)

"So he said to me, 'Change out of your pyjamas, run down to the store and get a couple of tickets," says the wife to the cashier. "I mean, look at me! I'm not even wearing any makeup!"

The situation wasn't helped by the fact that we've got some kind of glitch in our registers when it comes to lottery tickets. Sometimes they work right, but ... sometimes they take your money and refuse to cough up a ticket.

We normally send customers to the smoke shop near the exit ... but at the time she came in, it had closed for the evening.

She was laughing about the whole thing, but seriously? If she wins the pot, I hope she takes the money and heads out into the wild blue younger, leaving hubby with a nice note and (maybe) a paid-off house ...
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero
Working...
X