This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I amlost walk into?????

My 2d to last delivery on Saturday night went to a hotel on hotel row. Note: this weekend is a Home football game.

As I was on the road leading to hotel row, in between stoplights, 2 village police cars come screaming up behind me lights blazin. I pull over to the side of the road (as one should) and they speed by me (thank whatever deity ). They cross the next main road and kill their lights then turn down hotel row road. I proceed through the intersection (I just caught the green light) and get ready to turn into the hotel. As I am pulling into said hotel I notice a police car already in the driveway and then see the 2 cars that just passed me screeching into the lot. I pull up near the front door and proceed into the lobby. To one side I spy a cop standing there holding an AR-15 at ready and another cop is by the elevator.

I approach the desk since I have NO IDEA what is going down. The desk clerk asks me what floor I am going to. 3d floor I reply. Ok He says stay away from the 2d floor and you will have to use the stairs. I climb the stairs, make my delivery, and beat feet outta Dodge quickly.

Yes Home Football games can get "interesting" in my line of work.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Eep! That was a far too interesting delivery.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Did whatever it was make the news?
      "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

That's nerve-wracking! My mom used to work at a school that was right next to public housing (aka the projects) and one day as she was leaving work she walked out the front door to see a SWAT team guy crouched in the bushes with a big gun. She looked and there were more arranged in partially-hidden locations around the school, including the roof. The one by the door motioned for her to go to her car so she did. Quickly. Never did find out what it was all about.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

The neighborhood I work in has a bit of drug activity. How much? Well, the building next door to the office is a crack house. Seriously, it's been raided more than once...usually while we were at work
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
            Did whatever it was make the news?
            Not that I can find on the local news sites.

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
            That's nerve-wracking! My mom used to work at a school that was right next to public housing (aka the projects) and one day as she was leaving work she walked out the front door to see a SWAT team guy crouched in the bushes with a big gun. She looked and there were more arranged in partially-hidden locations around the school, including the roof. The one by the door motioned for her to go to her car so she did. Quickly. Never did find out what it was all about.
            Had something almost like that happen on a delivery several years ago.

I pulled up to the house, got out of my car and proceeded to the front door. While I am waiting for the customer to answer the door, I notice a cop "casually" walking up the sidewalk. He then walks over the yard entrance at the front of the house. The customer answers the door and we do the pizza transaction.

As I turn to walk back to my car I see 3 or 4 more cops in the shadow of the bushes in front of the house. I casually walk to my car and as long as they are NOT there for me, I again beat feet and get outta Dodge ASAP.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              I pulled up to the house, got out of my car and proceeded to the front door. While I am waiting for the customer to answer the door, I notice a cop "casually" walking up the sidewalk. He then walks over the yard entrance at the front of the house. The customer answers the door and we do the pizza transaction.

As I turn to walk back to my car I see 3 or 4 more cops in the shadow of the bushes in front of the house. I casually walk to my car and as long as they are NOT there for me, I again beat feet and get outta Dodge ASAP.
              I've seen so many cops on my paper route. A lot of times, they'll come up to me and see what I'm doing, and then tell me to keep a lookout for whatever-description of the person they're looking for.

Sometimes a whole block will be blocked off by police cars, but they'll let me walk through and deliver the paper, since they'll usually have their wanted people handcuffed and perched on the sidewalk curb by then.

Only once did I deliver a newspaper in the middle of a shooting. It wasn't a police shooting, though. As I pulled up to the address, a couple kids were booking it, being chased by a couple guys. Turns out one of them had just shot some kid in the arm. That one actually made the newspaper, too.
              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
              X