This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinoff - awesome bus driver

Freespirit's post about the EW woman on the bus who expected the bus driver to take her to a destination opposite the way the bus was going reminded me of an experience from about 10 years ago.

Christmas eve - I was taking the bus home from work and the area that I lived in was quite remote - the bus from neighboring city only went there every 2 hours and at this time, I was the only person on the bus. It was 7pm and my stop would be the last stop made for both the bus, and the end of the driver's shift.

I knew the driver quite well, as he saw me on the bus frequetly. The last stop was a mile walk from my house, and when he approached, he asked me what street I lived on, and detoured off to the side street and dropped me off right in front of my house with a Merry Christmas. As it had been snowing quite heavily, and the entire walk to my house was up a steep hill, it was such a nice thing for him to do.
    The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away.

Wow! That is one awesome driver!! People like that renew my faith in humans.

Comment

Awesome bus driver.And he did it because you were a good customer and didn't DEMAND that he take you there because it was snowing and he HAD to go up to your house...
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Aw, what a nice guy! He certainly was feeling the Christmas Spirit!

Comment

Good story! It never hurts to take the time to call up the bus company and provide good feedback too. I remember taking a long bus home from work while it was snowing outside. The bus ride was very safe too. I stood up and moved up front as my stop was approaching, but told the bus driver he was doing a great job and that I didn't think I could handle the stress he's having to tolerate. I got his name though, called Port Authority and put in a good word for him, so hopefully that made his end of the day a lot better.

Comment

Working...
          X