Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

this kid is gonna be a class A SC someday...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this kid is gonna be a class A SC someday...

considering the amount of people here this weekend it's been pretty uneventful. very little drama (not NO drama... but surprisingly little)

so yesterday i sold a toy bow and arrow set to this young boy... probably somewhere between 6 and 8. it was cheap plastic with the little sucker "arrows" that are supposed to stick to flat surfaces. i actually sold about 5 or 6 of that very toy just in that one day, and the rest of the kids were perfectly happy with their junky cheap toy... however, this one kid...

he comes in and puts the bow and arrows on my counter and crosses his arms all serious-like and says "This toy is a piece of junk. you guys should really test these before you sell them" in a really serious voice, and then gives me the "and what are you going to do about this?" expression. i'm using to occasionally seeing that kind of attitude from adult men who want something fixed, but seeing it from a boy this young floored me i was caught between and and trying to keep a straight face and i'm like "okaaayyy...?" because i'm thinking to myself "IT'S A TOY! yes it's a cheap piece of crap. you only paid 6 bucks for it kid. go shoot the dog with it and enjoy it till it breaks like every other normal kid!!" he finally says "i want to return this. i want my money back. t's a piece of junk." and repeats the bit about how we should test things before we sell them. i give him his 6 bucks back and proceed to play with the bow myself for the rest of the day.

no, i didn't shoot my dog with it. but i did shoot my husband... right in his nipple

I can tell you right now, he's got that from either one, of both of his parents. It's the "I want to return this" bit that kinda set those alarm bells off for me. It's proper customer jargon (for want of a better word).

Hate to judge kids, but I think it's pretty obvious that he's gonna be one of THOSE kinds of customers when he's an adult.

Ah scratch that; he's one already! I feel sorry for any salesperson who has to deal with him when he's turned into an adult!

Comment

I'd have said, "Whatsa matter, kid? You shot your little sister with one of these cheap arrows and it didn't actually hurt and make her cry? Or did you shoot a bird or something and miss?"

Little whiner. I bet his mom and dad are soooo proud.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
        I'd have said, "Whatsa matter, kid? You shot your little sister with one of these cheap arrows and it didn't actually hurt and make her cry? Or did you shoot a bird or something and miss?"
        Probably more like he shot it at a brick and was upset that the suction cup didn't stick to it because he doesn't understand the physics behind suction.
        Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
        Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
        Fiancee: What?!
        Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
          Hate to judge kids, but I think it's pretty obvious that he's gonna be one of THOSE kinds of customers when he's an adult.
          There is one possible cure...it involves him taking a customer service job when he's old enough. Sadly, the cure doesn't always take, but when it does, the patient becomes a much better person!
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
            I can tell you right now, he's got that from either one, of both of his parents. It's the "I want to return this" bit that kinda set those alarm bells off for me. It's proper customer jargon (for want of a better word).
            I should note that, when I was about 9 or 10, I had a short phase where I was a rude asshat who made snide comments to people, including those in customer service. It wasn't my parents or any family relatives that this rubbed off on, though, but my neighboring best friend's parents, who I'd spend a lot of time with on summer vacation.

My phase was short because it wasn't long before my own parents observed this behavior and made a point to ensure I wasn't rude like that to anyone ever again. So, while chances are he is getting this from his parents, it isn't always the case. It could be a close friend or more extended family member that's being the bad influence.
            Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
            Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
            Fiancee: What?!
            Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Sounds like my infamous coirker, whose antics have now made him a shift lead.

Yeah, I just wanna punch anyone who contributes to coddling guys well into their 20s right in the face. They grow up to be worse than 16 year old girls.

Nothing worse than a nearly 30 year old guy who still stomps his feet and makes fists and pouts his lip out and stomps away when he hears something he doesn't like.

Yup, and that is "more qualified" to run a production team than me.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I went on a date with a co-worker once when I was about 18 or 19, and was ordering at a high end fast food chain as I normally do.

"Wow, you're so polite!"

It really struck me as quite odd, that someone else who worked in a retail industry would find that amazing. A few months later she "quit" by having her dad call up an hour before her shift started, and then several years later slept with my sisters' boyfriend. Kinda glad it didn't get any further than that first date now that I think about it.

Comment

You should have asked the kid if he read the
                  Instructions that said he needs to shove the arrows
                  Up his ass first before firing.
                  "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                    I went on a date with a co-worker once when I was about 18 or 19, and was ordering at a high end fast food chain as I normally do.

"Wow, you're so polite!"

It really struck me as quite odd, that someone else who worked in a retail industry would find that amazing. A few months later she "quit" by having her dad call up an hour before her shift started, and then several years later slept with my sisters' boyfriend. Kinda glad it didn't get any further than that first date now that I think about it.
                    Two words: Lucky escape o_0

Comment

People,people...let's not forget the real victim-the poor husband who had to go round with an arrow suction-cupped to his bosom.I say he turns round and fires back see how you like it! :P
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                        People,people...let's not forget the real victim-the poor husband who had to go round with an arrow suction-cupped to his bosom.I say he turns round and fires back see how you like it! :P
                        Dear God! Someone PLEASE think of the nipples!
                        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                          Dear God! Someone PLEASE think of the nipples!
                          She didn't mention the two more shots...
                          Or the tassels...
                          Or the dab of superglue...

Now, a tilt in the kilt is cause enough for workplace hilarity, but tips in the t-shirt?
                          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                            I feel sorry for any salesperson who has to deal with him when he's turned into an adultaged enough to be legally considered an adult!
                            Fixed that one for you.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Like you're going to test every piece of merch that comes in....
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                              X