X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now I get to be an SC

(mods move if I got this wrong)

Now this is a story to end all stories....

Went down to Springfield Mo to visit my family and to take my wife on a ghost hunt at Pythian Castle. Took 2 days of vacation and planned to get a hotel room for 3 days because I wanted to relax.

Boy was I wrong.

Friday we arrived, went out and drove around town reminiscing, because I grew up there and we moved away 10 years ago. We stopped by Mr Yen's for an amazing chinese dinner and by Andy's frozen custard for dessert. Friday night was amazing! We got back to the hotel room and nodded off on the bed with the tv on in a sugar coma, it was bliss. About 12:30am our bliss ended horribly.

::WHAM WHAM WHAM:: OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH:: WHAM WHAM WHAM::

WTF?!? I call down to the front desk and report this...and nothing happens. My dear wife(w) and I are awake and not happy. DW gets up to make some tea and makes a mess in the process of cleaning up she finds a small plastic baggie with white powder in it. OMG....

We called down to front desk and they send up security. We explain everything that has happened so far and they take the baggy and call the police. The PD field test it and confirm for narcotics.

I am passed pissed off at this point. and have had it I wanted to leave right then. DW wants to stay as we haven't had any time alone in ages. About that point, next door starts up again with the gymnastics. This time security catches them and tells them to stop.

We give up and go downstairs to the diner for a snack to try and get up back into a better mood. Oh hell no. Every fucking red neck hick was in there whopping and hollering. We eat some pie and went back to our room. I was truly pissed off at this point.

Saturday morning started with ::wham wham wham:: of doors opening and closing as the other rooms were getting cleaned. No way to get any sleep. we had to leave and get out of there before I exploded. we stopped by the front desk to speak to the property manager. We got told that were were being comped for the night and getting a reduced rate for the other. okay thats a nice start.

End part one....

part two:

we went out to lunch with my mom and my nephew and had an amazing lunch at the pizza house.

we puttered around and went back to the hotel(it was okay) and then went back out for our ghost hunt. we were gone for 8 hours and DW had a blast.

We come back and the first thing we encounter is a giant condom water balloon in the elevator. WTF?!? Not again. When we get off on our floor there is trash scattered on the floor and every drunk idiot is going in and out of rooms.

I was done at that point. I was ready to bail. DW talked me down and we went to bd with the tv up and ear plugs in. We had already reported the giant condom(about 2 ft wide and a foot long) to the front desk. Again we got woken up by the cleaning crew making a ton of noise. FFS..this is not how I want to spend my money.

I wanted to have a boring quiet stay and relax. We went back downstairs to complain. this is sunday, the property manager wasnt in on saturday. sunday she isnt in either, a family emergency I get told now. I tell them I am not happy and I want to hear from her by 5 pm. 5 pm comes and no call. I have had it. we pack up and drive back to st louis.

I am sick of this crap. I will say the staff at the hotel were great. they were amazing, except for the property manager.

I dont want to pay for any of this, I didnt get any rest, I came home more tired than when I left.

Yes I am a SC and I am going to be the squeaky wheel about this..

Comment

Quoth artcurmudgeon View Post
      ::WHAM WHAM WHAM:: OHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH:: WHAM WHAM WHAM::

So, they were um, "being intimate" (yeah, let's put it that way), and that disturbed you? Were they extra noisy? My understanding is that this can be a somewhat frequent occurrence in hotel rooms with couples.
      Last edited by Dave1982; 11-04-2013, 05:57 PM. Reason: mjr, PLEASE start trimming your quotes!!!!!
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

at 1 am in the morning?!? Oh hell no!

I pay for a hotel room, I want a boring, quiet, & peaceful experience.

I forgot to mention after we found the white powder, my DW got so worked up that she had me check the entire room on my knees with a flash light to make sure there were no needles lying around as they missed the other stuff.

It was not a good weekend...still waiting to hear from the hotel property manager.

Comment

I'd say you have a legitimate complaint there, artcurmudgeon. And you mentioned your displeasure while you were still there, giving them an opportunity to rectify the situation. I don't think complaining about such an awful stay makes you an SC at all.
          "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Oh hell no! If anyone's going to be THAT energetic and noisy, they need to find a place with thicker walls, probably a luxury hotel. If it costs more, tough. The neighbors in the other rooms around the wham-bangers paid for a place to sleep. What happened to consideration for others?

I don't blame you a bit for being pissed.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
              So, they were um, "being intimate" (yeah, let's put it that way), and that disturbed you? Were they extra noisy? My understanding is that this can be a somewhat frequent occurrence in hotel rooms with couples.
              Yes, but there is also the expectation that people who don't wish to get intimate will be able to get a decent night's sleep.

I personally would've left after the baggy full of drugs. That should tell you what kind of clientele the hotel attracts, and what the staff's level of attention to cleanliness is.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                I personally would've left after the baggy full of drugs. That should tell you what kind of clientele the hotel attracts, and what the staff's level of attention to cleanliness is.
                Exactly. If they can't even be bothered to pick up stuff that's big and visible, how well do you think they're wiping down those bathroom surfaces?

And for the noise, as a former motel MOD I've had my fair share of telling people to be quiet. I don't care if you're in the throes of passion. Other guests are trying to sleep. Have quieter passion. No, I was never embarrassed to tell guests to screw more quietly (though they're usually a bit embarrassed to hear it).
                Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
                  ... screw more quietly...
                  See that fire sprinkler head over the bed? Any more complaints and it's going off before you do.
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                    See that fire sprinkler head over the bed? Any more complaints and it's going off before you do.
                    I'm dying here, dalesys! Of course, just wait for them to call corporate to complain...

Speaking of, artcurmugeon, if this hotel in question is part of a chain, I think it would definitely be in your best interest to go over the Property Managers head, seeing as she's shown how useful she is... After all, I'd say you have a very legitimate complaint based on the conditions of your room and elevator alone. Did you document anything at all? That would help your case even further.
                    Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Nope,you're not a SC at all. In the list of customer moans,'there was a giant condom in the elevator and drugs in my room' is pretty much at the top.It's a good job you did find them-if housekeeping had come in to clear the room and discovered them,they may well have tried to say you brought them there.In fact,I'd make sure that it's documented that you called security and that they confirmed it was nothing to do with you,just in case they try anything funny...
                      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Eevie View Post
                        Did you document anything at all? That would help your case even further.
                        Even if he didn't, I'm sure he can reference the police report pretty easily. THAT should get the ball rolling.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                          Even if he didn't, I'm sure he can reference the police report pretty easily. THAT should get the ball rolling.
                          I suppose so. But as soon as that elevator door opened up and the condom balloon was in sight, my camera's flash would be lighting up faster than you could blink. Ditto on the narcotics.
                          Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Working...
                          X