This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this make me an SC?

I have mentioned before how much I hate it when businesses make it supremely difficult or flatly refuse to communicate via email. I'm also an uber planner. Today I'm about ready to rip my hair out.

I made made hotel reservations for myself and my husband back in July. It was a package deal, including, among other things, reservations for a particular dining experience at a nearby theme park. I then made a second booking for the same package for my parents two weeks later. The theme park in question doesn't have their reservation calendar for more than a month or two in advance, so we would have to wait until they had their ducks in a row to finalize that booking (date, time, etc).

I have had occasion to contact the hotel with questions or concerns a few times since July, and each time I had to send the email more than once after hearing no response at all for at least a week. When re-sending the same request, I always forward the original email, so that they can see I have tried to contact them once (twice, or three times) before. At one point, I got so frustrated, I wanted to cancel the reservations and book somewhere else, but my husband is deeply enamored with the package deal, so we kept the reservations.

On October 10th, I noticed that the theme park had their calendar available for the time we will be there, and I contacted the hotel, eager to book the dining experience. I actually heard back from someone that same day with the available times. I spoke to the fam and replied the next day with the time that works best for us. I have since had to re-send the email on October 17th, October 30th, November 4th, and again today, because this reservation is supposed to be for November 30th and my patience is wearing thin.

In the email I sent today, I added "SIXTH REQUEST" to the subject line and I sent it to every email address I could find on the hotel's website (nine people in total, including the GM), just begging SOMEONE to help me.

I'm already grossly disappointed by the complete lack of customer service I've received from this hotel, and I haven't even laid eyes on the building yet. If it were up to me, we would be NOT be staying there.

So, am I an SC?
    Last edited by thatcrazyredhead; 11-06-2013, 05:30 PM.
    "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

I don't think so. You;ve politely sent your umpteen requests, and I don't blame you for putting "sixth request" on the last one. You've tried but no one seems to be home!

Comment

Nope. You could have done worse than putting Sixth Request in the header and copying everyone you can. You are giving them a chance to redeem themselves and realise their system is broken somewhere.
      I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

no youre not a sc. that is shit customer service

Comment

Thanks, all. I knew that one of us was definitely being sucky, just wanted to make sure it wasn't me lol. I ended up calling to cancel the reservations last night. I did finally get a response yesterday afternoon, but it was in the vein of "We haven't been able to do what you've asked for three weeks and if we still can't in another week then we suppose we'll pick up a phone and get it taken care of." Not anywhere near good enough, in my book. Made reservations at one of the hotels Hubs and I stayed at on our honeymoon instead. Overall it will cost us a little bit more, but that's because I booked us in enormous suites to compensate myself for my trouble lol. Should be a great vacation!
          "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

It sounds to me like you are handling this well and are NOT an SC. You put up with a lot and didn't freak out on anyone so nope, not sucky. Enjoy your new vacation!

Comment

Working...
            X