This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop commenting on my purchases!

This annoys me to no end. Every time I go to Safeway I always get this one cashier who annoys the hell out of me. He insists on making comments about all my purchases and is usually pretty unprofessional half the time. It's like dude I hate my job too but I don't take it out on anybody.

I just got off of work and left my name tag on because if I don't I loose the damn thing. I put my stuff on the belt--two lint rollers.

SC: sucky cashier

SC: Why are you getting TWO of those? (said kind of snotty like I was an idiot)

Me; Well, one for ME and one for the husband.

SC: Your name tag is on the wrong side.

Me: Where I work it goes on that side.

SC: Well, see those little hole looking things it's supposed to go there.

*getting annoyed*

Me: Well, If i did that my name tag would be right on my boob and I prefer that guys not stare there. My company only makes shirts for dudes so they didn't think of the placement.

It's like STFU asshole. Like I wanted to go into that after work and having to be nice to idiots all day.

I know I was probably being sensitive but he does this to me EVERYTIME and I've watched him do it to others. Why does he feel the need to comment on things that are none of his business? I am shy enough and hate having so much focus and I don't like being scrutinized for what I am buying. Thank god I was't buying pads. I'm sure that would go over real well.

If not an asshole, I'm voting autistic. This sounds like what comes from my second eldest who's on the spectrum.
    But the paint on me is beginning to dry
    And it's not what I wanted to be
    The weight on me
    Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

I don't care what his reason is, I would be telling him it's none of his business.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Id just look at him. Dont explain. Just stare....it freaks them out

Comment

I second Sunshine. Don't engage him at all beyond whatever is actually relevant to the business at hand ("Okay, and my total is ... ?") If he doesn't stop, or if things get worse (because he's pissed that you're not responding), I would definitely complain to somebody higher up in the food chain. Or you could reply with, "Why do you want to know?" or "What business is it of yours?" if you want to lapse into genuine rudeness (problem with that, of course, is the whole situation could escalate very fast). In any case, it's none of his damn business what you're buying or why, nor where you've got your nametag.
          Last edited by Pixilated; 11-14-2013, 05:15 AM.

Comment

My actual response to one such individual once: "Do you have a warrant? If not, then it's none of your damned business, chum."

Comment

i would go back and buy 14 enimas, whipped cream and a tube of superglue. if he says anything, say "i'm building a fort", then just walk away, leave the items sitting on the counter.

really none of his business
              there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Go back and buy 12 boxes of tampons, a few boxes of pads, 3 or 4 bottles of astroglide and a couple cucumbers...
                At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                  Go back and buy 12 boxes of tampons, a few boxes of pads, 3 or 4 bottles of astroglide and a couple cucumbers...
                  And when he asks, respond with a mysterious smile and, "Wouldn't you like to know ..."

Comment

This is the perfect place for the Frosty Glare (TM). Any reply / explanation is just going to keep him harping away.
                    It's not the years in you life that count, it's the life in your years! - Quote from the office coffee cup.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                      Someone did the same thing on my brother's line, but they also added a pineapple and a plunger

Comment

There's a cashier like that at my local Walmart. She's some kind of "special." Once, some friends and I were buying a bunch of soda, snacks, and booze for a party. She said, "Oooo, are you having a party?!" When we said yes, she asked if she could come. And it didn't seem like a joke. None of us said anything, just looked at each other like, "Is this nut for real?"
                        "Redheads have at least a 95% chance of being gorgeous. They're also concentrated evil." - Irv

"This is all strange, uncharted territory and your hamster only has three legs." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
                          There's a cashier like that at my local Walmart. She's some kind of "special." Once, some friends and I were buying a bunch of soda, snacks, and booze for a party. She said, "Oooo, are you having a party?!" When we said yes, she asked if she could come. And it didn't seem like a joke. None of us said anything, just looked at each other like, "Is this nut for real?"
                          I used to joke like that when I was a cashier... I did a better job of making it clear it was a joke though (oh a party, my invitation must have been lost in the mail, right )... even then though, that was only with regulars that I knew well enough to know that they appreciated that kind of humor... would never imagine doing that with just another customer in line.
                          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth thatcrazyredhead View Post
                            T She said, "Oooo, are you having a party?!" When we said yes, she asked if she could come. And it didn't seem like a joke.
                            Why, sure! the party ends at around 9, so be there for 8:30 so you can get a head start on cleaning the place up!
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Ugh, I hate it when I get comments on my purchases. Once, when I was on a school hour trip, we stopped at a convenience store for some snacks. I decided to get some candy for myself and he girls I was rooming with. I picked out about three different bags and went to check out. These were small bags, too, nothing ridiculous. Cashier steps in with, "Wow, sweetie, that's A LOT of gummy worms! Someone's hungry!" Bitch.
                              Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Working...
                              X