This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Eevie View Post
    Ugh, I hate it when I get comments on my purchases. Once, when I was on a school hour trip, we stopped at a convenience store for some snacks. I decided to get some candy for myself and he girls I was rooming with. I picked out about three different bags and went to check out. These were small bags, too, nothing ridiculous. Cashier steps in with, "Wow, sweetie, that's A LOT of gummy worms! Someone's hungry!" Bitch.
    You know, the first thing that sprang to mind when I read that (and which I shall use if I ever am in that situation) is "Well, actually, I'd been planning to buy them for you because I thought you might need a treat, but given that remark, I think I'll keep them for myself."

Bet that shuts them up!
    "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
      Id just look at him. Dont explain. Just stare....it freaks them out
      Give 'em one of these.
      http://bit.ly/tdgFMa
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Once I had to run to the store to buy sandwich bread and meats and such, get the comment: "That's a lot of sandwiches!"

I get she way probably trying to be friendly, but I had to keep myself from saying "No shit, Sherlock."

Comment

DH and I are friends with another couple. The husband in the other couple used to have no problem buying feminine hygiene products for his wife. Then the loudmouthed old lady checker at Food Lion exclaimed for everyone in hearing distance what a nice man he was for doing it. Now he's too embarrassed.

Comment

I get the opposite. People tell me. "oh these aren't for me..." No wonder why I get those kinds of people.

Comment

I went to the store today and purchased a jumbo bag of chocolate, a case of my favorite soda, a heating pad, pain relievers and a package of feminine hygiene products. The male cashier says to me "bad day?" I swear if I could have killed him right then I would have.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Well, to be honest, given the heating pad and pain relievers, I might have asked the same thing.

My store sold booze, so I'd see that line up with boozy or the male version without the tampons/pads and double the booze. Add to that the usually haggard expression on the face and I was very tempted to ask them if they were having a bad shift!

Early twenties woman, pads, lube, condoms, whip cream, bananas, giggling up a storm. I didn't bat an eye. I was so proud of myself for actually not saying what I was thinking to that girl!
                If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Thing is, you never know the story behind the purchases. This has been a particarly brutal week for me and to add to the misery, I had actually stopped on the way home from the hospital, having spent most of the day in the ER with my father even though all I wanted to do is curl into a ball and cry. I was only able to leave the hospital because my mom finally showed up and they were admitting my dad. Maybe on a less stressful day if have reacted better.
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                    Thing is, you never know the story behind the purchases. This has been a particarly brutal week for me and to add to the misery, I had actually stopped on the way home from the hospital,
                    Yeah, I once caught a cab at 7am in the morning to the hospital. The cab driver asked "doing anything nice today?" Umm... no. I was going back to the hospital to meet up with Mum who'd stayed all night with my stepfather and he'd passed away about 30 minutes before. Cab driver was a little "oh, I stepped in it..." as he should be.

hugs about your Dad Mathnerd.
                    I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Working...
                    X