This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self Checkout Line Complaint

The other day, a customer complained about the line at the self checkouts. When I offered to get a manager, the customer said, "I've got people to feed, lady!" and he was only buying an 8 pack of hamburger rolls. The customer claimed that the fast line should be fast (like we can control how fast/slow the customers check themselves out at the self checkout). After he left, the next customer regretted letting him ahead of her because of his attitude but she was pleased with how I handled the situation.
    Last edited by purplecat41877; 07-18-2014, 06:39 AM.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

Why on earth would self-checkout lanes be fast lanes!? What a delusional concept.

Comment

"The self-checkout lanes are as fast as you make them. You, specifically, sir, for sitting here bitching instead of swiping your rolls and going off to inflict yourself on the rest of humanity."
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

I had similar the other day, someone wasting ten minutes of my life complaining about how WE waste THEIR precious time… The following customer found it as hilarious as I did, fortunately.
        This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
        I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Why would you use a self-checkout if there's loads of clueless customers there and you're in a hurry? Surely it would be quicker and easier to use a manned checkout? Some people are weird.... and rude.

Comment

"So you're yelling at ME even though I'm not the one in line??" Yell at the people ahead of ya, buddy. Then don't be surprised when they're waiting for you outside the door after YOU check out..."

Comment

That's like the cretins who complain where I work about the massive queues at certain times of the day, like lunchtime, school ending time and sixish. Yeah, dickhead, it's a simple concept; you arrive at the same time as everyone else, then you have to queue. Either shut the fuck up and suck it up, or come at a different time.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

One of the shift leads (she was hand-picked by ASM--hence has his unique 'management' style--and I've been locking horns with her as of late) always wants me to turn the '12 Items Or Less' lights on the SCOs. What will that accomplish? We know customers don't read, and I'm not allowed to 'enforce' it. If someone wants to bring a full cart through they will and just as with a normal 'express' lane I'm not allowed to say anything.
                "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Kinda makes you wonder how these people behave and react at amusement parks, having to wait in line for the rides.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                    Kinda makes you wonder about amusement parks...
                    Do we have any amusement park people here?!? I would anticipate their posts DAILY. I suppose I couldn't blame them though for maybe wanting to just drink every night away.

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                      Kinda makes you wonder how these people behave and react at amusement parks, having to wait in line for the rides.
                      They probably try to push in, get caught and told to go to the back of the queue, then bitch about that. XD
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Firecrackers Not Included View Post
                        Do we have any amusement park people here?!? I would anticipate their posts DAILY. I suppose I couldn't blame them though for maybe wanting to just drink every night away.
                        Me! Lately I've been very tempted to post daily (both about customers AND co-workers) but I wouldn't want to flood the boards. So you guessed it right, I just drink instead! My alcohol intake has increased significantly since I started the job. If not for the 6+ miles I walk every day at work I'd probably have gained a ton of weight from the constant flow of beer down my throat once I get home.

In regards to self check-out, there have definitely been times when I've stood there waiting for ages and rolling my eyes at people taking their sweet time at them but I know that it is never the fault of the employees themselves so I just keep my frustration to myself. I figure they're probably just as irked with the customers as I am so I'm still polite to them and wish them a good evening when I leave. The most I do is shoot dirty looks at the people who have full carts of groceries, the ones who have an excessive amount of coupons (do you really need those 25 jars of Miracle Whip w/Olive Oil), and the ones who'd rather stand there and chat instead of actually scanning their items. It's particularly frustrating when I'm on my way home from a taxing day at work and just need to get one item (usually something liquor related) so I can get home to take off this hideous, constricting uniform and shower off whatever bacteria from the 20,000+ park guests that could be lingering on me.

Comment

These type of people react the same way when they see ANY line. I have people complain if they have to wait at all. I don't get it... Do these people sit at red lights screaming in their car about the line? Jeez, they probably do.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Totiono View Post
                            Me! You guessed it right, I just drink instead!
                            I'm sorry. Please, channel some of that alcohol down through your fingertips and onto the screen!

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                            These type of people react the same way when they see ANY line. Do these people sit at red lights screaming in their car about the line?
                            Certainly, there must be a strain of people who enjoy this deep down inside, some without realising it. They HAVE to. I natually avoid these types of situations so that I limit my life frustration levels. Not these people who seemingly lunge headstrong into battle.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                              These type of people react the same way when they see ANY line.
                              This. And THEN when they get to a register that doesn't happen to have a line, which happens more often than they realize, they either ask if I'm open (Is my light on???) or they exclaim how it's such a miracle that they've walked up to a register with no line (OMG this never happens!!! Actually yes, yes it does.).
                              Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter.

Comment

Working...
                              X