Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just because I agree doesn't mean I'm thankful...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just because I agree doesn't mean I'm thankful...

A quickie!

I swear...there are times when you have a person who just seems like their entire purpose in life is to make things difficult. In this case, when I came in tonight, there was a group of three women hanging out in the dining room area. Whenever this happens, it invariably means that they will be drunk, loud, and laughing the most annoying, squeaky laughs possible. Tonight was no difference...but as I'm doing things at the front desk, this old man comes walking up.

Old Man: Can you believe how annoying that is?
    Me: ... (pa-pa-pa-pokah face)
    Old Man: How long have you been putting up with that shit?
    Me: Me? About...10 or so minutes.
    Old Man: *shakes head* ...They've been like that for three hours.

Old Man then goes stalking over near the dining room...and I'm just groaning to myself, muttering under my breath "don't say anything, don't say anything" over and over. At first, he just gives them this awkward stare, to which they are oblivious since they are enthralled in their drunk conversation. He starts to turn away, and I think I'm in the clear when, suddenly, it happens.

OM (Shouting across the lobby): They look stupid, that explains it.
    All three women: What!?
    Me: /facepalm Sir, you're not helping...

Queue 20 minutes of yelling and complaining between the two until I finally manage to give OM the hotelspeak version of "go the fuck away, you ass" which leaves me to deal with the three women, who didn't quite get free rooms, but they did get some free food from the pantry instead (and water, I picked stuff that would sober them up faster), and they finally went to sleep a while later.

But seriously OM, thank you for starting shit in the middle of the lobby and involving me in it by shouting rude shit across the fucking hotel for everyone to hear. I know you're old, and you may die soon so you don't care, but all I want is for people to just leave me alone and you're ruining it.

Can't people just be smart when they come here!?

Well shit.
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

I don't know what that graphic is from but it sure is funny! ^_^

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
      I don't know what that graphic is from but it sure is funny! ^_^
      Little Britain, a sketch comedy show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n_Ty_72Qds
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

" I know you're old, and you may die soon"

I shouldn't really, but that made me laugh. Forgive me!

What a rude arsehole! I don't have a very high tolerance of people but even I wouldn't do that. It's just asking for trouble.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
          "I know you're old, and you may die soon"

I shouldn't really, but that made me laugh. Forgive me!
          No need to apologize. I've made similar jokes before.

A few years ago, at the restaurant I did magic at, one of the managers had to deal with a bus full of old people that were causing all kinds of shit: they all wanted separate checks, they all insisted they had been promised their checks would be tax-free (conveniently promised by another manager that wasn't there that night), and a few other things, not one of which the manager on duty knew about ahead of time. So he was dealing with all this crap, aging before my age, and pulling his hair out, so I figured he needed a laugh.

ME: "Hey man, look at the bright side to all this."
          MOD: "Bright side? What bright side?"
          ME: "Pretty soon all those people will be dead."
          MOD:
          ME:
          MOD:

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I would be thankful for the old man. I hate it when pple start jibber jabbering away about their personal shit in front of me. I can't be rude because my job tells me not to to but of someone were rude for me, well....I'd scold the person for being rude in front of the customers, but I'd secretly give him a free meal or something whe. They were away. :d
            Can't reason with the unreasonable.
            The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
              I would be thankful for the old man. I hate it when pple start jibber jabbering away about their personal shit in front of me. I can't be rude because my job tells me not to to but of someone were rude for me, well....I'd scold the person for being rude in front of the customers, but I'd secretly give him a free meal or something whe. They were away. :d
              This wasn't even "in front of me"...this was like "40 feet away from me, and just loud and drunk-annoying". I can tune that out more or less
              "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
              "What IS fun to fight through?"
              "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Working...
              X