This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Firewire thing

A couple of years ago, I downloaded video from one of my DV tapes to my PC. All went well, though I did have to buy Firewire hardware so I could connect the camcorder to the PC.

Now, it's not working. The Firewire card had come out of the socket (possibly when I moved), so I plugged it in, turned on the computer, waited until it had warmed up, then plugged the camera in and put it on "Play".

Nothing. No little window came up showing that the device was ready. Since I haven't worked with it in two years, I'm a little vague as to the procedure. What could have gone wrong?

Missing driver? That pops to mind. Damage to either the socket or the patch cord from being pulled out? That has also happened to me.

Try going into the control panel and doing a detect new hardware?
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Currently downloading.

I checked the card to make sure it was fully inserted, then plugged the camcorder into the other outlet on it.

Comment

Working...
      X