This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get a speaker to work on my phone

I've got a Blackberry Leap, I bought an August MS315 speaker to hook up to it. Link The speaker works fine on an ipod and a tablet, my headphone jack works fine on the phone with headphones but when I plug the speaker into my phone, it all screws up. It continues playing out of the phone's speaker. Is there something I need to do to convince my phone to play out of this speaker?
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Very likely the rings on the plug don't line up exactly right. I've seen this with other gear... Suggest you try using a short extension cable between the speaker and your phone. Try both four and three ring versions (Three ring is stereo, four ring is stereo plus mic and was an adaptation of the original three ring version).
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

It's a long shot, but maybe check in the phone's settings to see if it has one related to external speakers?
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        It's a long shot, but maybe check in the phone's settings to see if it has one related to external speakers?
        Yeah, tried that, I figured there must be some stupid setting but no luck.

Quoth It's me View Post
        Very likely the rings on the plug don't line up exactly right. I've seen this with other gear... Suggest you try using a short extension cable between the speaker and your phone. Try both four and three ring versions (Three ring is stereo, four ring is stereo plus mic and was an adaptation of the original three ring version).
        I think this is the culprit. It seems my phone is defective. I played around a little bit more and got it working a couple of times, but then it screws up again. I think the jack is just slightly misaligned and it's not allowing the plug to make a proper connection. Now I've just got to convince my shop that this warrants the phone going in for warranty service and have me be without a phone for a week or two.

Thanks.
        D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
        Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

Comment

How old is your phone? I had a hand-me-down iPhone 3G that I started having problems with the wired headphones. figured the jack was failing, but googled for solutions. One was that the jack might be filled up with crap packed into the bottom like ramming a ball into a musket. Thought it was a long shot but figured I had nothing to lose except a few minutes. Turned phone off, stuck in a...bent paperclip? or other implement of destruction, and pulled out a rather impressive dust bunny. Exit headphone problems.

Comment

Working...
          X