This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how to work OBS Studio?

I've decided to get into the wonderful world of Let's Plays. A friend of mine who has her own channel suggested that I use OBS Studio to do my recordings because it's free and, supposedly, very straightforward. I've tested the program once already and it seemed to work then. However, when I went to record some gameplay today...I dunno if I used a wrong setting or what, but something went wrong. There was audio (the game audio was a bit too loud and my commentary was barely audible), but no video.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

I have used OBS Studio before, but I've not encountered this issue at all, so...I'll do the best I can to help

What resolution do you have your display set to from within Windows? Also from within Open Broadcaster? My gut feeling is if you have it set to a higher resolution than is supported, that could be the issue. Also, have you updated your video card drivers, OBS itself, if possible?

If nothing else, may I suggest giving the Plays.tv client a try, seeing if you get the same thing there?

Comment

Working...
    X