Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So 'customer service' includes breaking the law...?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So 'customer service' includes breaking the law...?

I didn't deal with this one directly, was only involved because a co-irker thought for some reason I had the magic keys.

Some of the teas in our organics section say "Herbal supplement" on the box and as such are not eligible for SNAP. A customer bought a bunch of stuff (including said supplement teas), only to pitch a major fit when advised that her card did not cover everything. "But I have plenty of money on it!" We aren't saying you don't, just that certain items are not covered. Cashier pulled out a printed copy of the USDA assistance guidelines and pointed out where anything that is directly labeled a "nutritional supplement" is not covered...SC really hit the roof then. Cue Lead, who tells her the exact same thing we did. Still not having it, so D swoops in (I think he was looking for someone to yell at).

D was ready to attempt to override the register and let her get the teas on SNAP...how he was going to do this, we don't know as myself, the cashier and the shift lead stepped away from the register and lead said basically if he wanted to commit fraud to make the 'customer' happy (she tries this on a regular basis and just got lucky with D being on) we weren't having any part of it.

Said teas also had a "variety" that was NOT labeled as a supplement and therefore would have been perfectly fine, but SC just didn't want to read. Or (as Lead pointed out) SC knew what she was doing and was hoping to point the finger at the cashier when shit hit the fan.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
    D was ready to attempt to override the register and let her get the teas on SNAP...how he was going to do this, we don't know as myself, the cashier and the shift lead stepped away from the register and lead said basically if he wanted to commit fraud to make the 'customer' happy (she tries this on a regular basis and just got lucky with D being on) we weren't having any part of it.
    Did D do the override? That's a good way to lose your SNAP license.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

He didn't get to override anything. I think P made it clear that not only was nobody going to listen to him, if he did do it and tried to point fingers we would point right back.

Comment

Query: Where exactly is D in the organization food chain?
        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I think he's an AM (silver corporate-ish nametag). As I hear it he used to be a general-merch manager at a store, but that position/title was eliminated and I think he was facing either layoff, demotion (IMO demotion to a PT clerk would have been more his speed) or going into the management stream. Somehow he got inflicted on us when an awesome AM got transferred out...I doubt he has ever worked in the trenches and definitely not at this store. Loves to throw his weight around when he thinks something isn't being done "right" (yet fails to tell us the "right" way which is his way and more often than not contradicts training).
          Last edited by Dreamstalker; 02-19-2016, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X