Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just... know stuff. And I'm not entirely happy about it.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just... know stuff. And I'm not entirely happy about it.

Have you ever had that moment when you realize you've been with the company a loooong time?

I had that today. I was working off queue follow ups, which can be annoying as hell. I picked up one, saw it had been sent off to a computer glitch team and groaned a little inside. But then I perused it and made a face.

The first person who submitted it had a problem with the address. That was fixed and then there was a 'billing account error.' When I read that I immediately popped open the account and saw there was no active billing account. So I opened a billing account. And the error went away! MAGIC!

The scary thing is, two other people had picked this up before me and just said, oh, the error team hasn't fixed it and then redated it. And we're supposed to be an elite team! I knew what the problem was when I took one look at the account!

I've been here too long.

Thirty. Seven. Years.

Uggggh.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I get it pretty much every day. There are days when I'm just thinking about how time has flown and I'll get a random customer saying to me "You've been here a long time." I must be giving out vibes or something. I'm at my job 13 1/2 years.
      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I've "only" been at my job four years...and feel like I know far more than management about some stuff (I definitely know more than anyone else in the store about SCO workings and workarounds).
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I feel your pain; I'm the one that all of the other stores' sales reps, store managers, my District Manager, and the Sales Director of the entire company call whenever they have a question about systems, operations, and the like. It's nice knowing that my skills and knowledge are held in high regard...would be a whole lot nicer if it translated into a promotion, though.
          "She didn't observe the cardinal rule: Don't F**K with people who handle your food"
          -Ryan Reynolds in 'Waiting'

Comment

Just over 26 years for me (where the hell did my life go?) The nice thing is that I get a lot of vacation time. And I'm only about 9 years away from being able to retire. I could retire now if I wanted, but I wouldn't get the full benefit. Besides, after being there 26 years, what's another 9?
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
            X