This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prank war: PT vs OT

There is an amusing prank war going on between one of the Physical Therapists and one of the Occupational Therapists at work.

These two will co-treat on evals, since there's a lot of overlap between what they need to assess. And they get into shenanigans.

Most of the gloves that are scattered across the facility are mediums. PT is a 6-foot-something titan who needs XL gloves, so he has his own personal box he carries with him. The OT will regularly do things like fill it with medium-size gloves, or she will cut the fingers off his gloves and put them back in the box.

PT decided to get revenge by filling up one of her gloves with lotion and putting it back in the box. Then he waited to see when she was going to glove up. He ended up having to leave the room for something though.

When he returned, he found out that she had filled his glove box with her medium gloves, including the lotion-filled glove. She never even noticed it. His lotion-glove prank totally backfired!

At least the patients seem amused by the whole ordeal.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

LOL! It's a good thing neither of them have allergies to particular kinds of materials in gloves!

I know I'd be in tears if this big, 6-ft guy came in, tried to glove up only to have the gloves stop like halfway down his palm. It would make me really like going to PT, knowing that the people who work there are all on really good terms with each other to have this harmless prank war.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Where I work we have a radiologist who is easily 6'5" or taller. He has to duck to enter most doorways. We also don't stock XL gloves; Large is as high as we go. It's rather amusing to watch him trying to squeeze his gorilla-sized hands into gloves that are clearly too small for him. He's pretty good-natured about it though.
      I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Back in my operating room days we had a surgeon who was 6'9.

Among other things, part of my job when scouting was to tie up the back of his gown. I'm 5'4, and I wasn't the shortest nurse there. Poor guy would literally bend over backwards so we could get to the top tie.

When he had the operating table raised, he'd ask for it to go up high enough that whoever the scrub nurse was, disappeared from view. We would end up doing the operation balanced on a high wooden footstool just to see the sterile field.

Comment

Working...
        X